Getting My Papers Ready For Permanent Residency - A Recap

I enter my tramite number to log in, and it shows that I have asked for the extension, but it just keeps saying that after 3 working days I will be able download the precaria extension. But there is nothing, other than the text I pasted above.

• Go there: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/consulta_tramite/form_inicial.php
  • Insert your data
  • Click on Ver documentacion

It should be there. If it is not there, you need to go to Migraciones in Av. Antartida, Informes desk and let them know of your problem. They should be able to send a notification of technical error to the person in charge of your file.

It should be there. If it is not there, you need to go to Migraciones in Av. Antartida, Informes desk and let them know of your problem. They should be able to send a notification of technical error to the person in charge of your file.
Thank you so much!! Before I never had the Ver documentación link, but now I did and there was my extension. Excellent! Thanks again.

You are welcome! It is not very intuitive the whole online system, and has more than a glitch!

Has anyone else experienced this problem:

I submitted all of my documents for visa based on my marriage to an Argentine. Since I have been here for the last 6 years roughly with frequent visa hops, I did not submit my FBI check, only my Argentine check as the law says that after three years of living here you no longer need a check from your home country as long as you have not returned to your home country for a period of one years. As I had a lawyer friend submitting things for me, I trusted her and did not get my FBI check at the time.

Now after renewing my precaria twice, they tell me that they are counting all of my visits to the US over the last three years and adding them together to see if I have been in my country "for a period of one year". My lawyer has submitted an official note twice saying this is obviously not what the statute means but they won't budge. She is going to submit one more saying that even if that is done all of my trips in the last 3 years do not add up to more than a year total time in the US.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is it worth trying to do my FBI check from here or should I just wait until next time I go back home to get one?

I GOT MY RESIDENCE APPROVED TODAY! YAY!!!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Oct. 31st 2014: I filed for permanent residency through marriage, got a precaria valid for 90 days on the spot[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Dec 15th 2014: I applied for an extension of my precaria, since my application status was unchanged and the holidays approaching[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 19th 2015: I went to Migraciones to inquire about my case, since no extension was given, nor any status update was found. I was told the extension can be given only after my current precaria expire so I had to wait.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 29th 2015: my precaria has expired, my application is still in the same state it has been ever since I applied ([/background]etapa de supervision[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)])[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 30th 2015: I tried to renew my precaria but the link says I already submit a request on Dec 15th.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]April 7th, 2015: I was granted permanent residency.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Oct. 31st 2014: I filed for permanent residency through marriage, got a precaria valid for 90 days on the spot[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Dec 15th 2014: I applied for an extension of my precaria, since my application status was unchanged and the holidays approaching[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 19th 2015: I went to Migraciones to inquire about my case, since no extension was given, nor any status update was found. I was told the extension can be given only after my current precaria expire so I had to wait.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 29th 2015: my precaria has expired, my application is still in the same state it has been ever since I applied ([/background]etapa de supervision[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)])[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 30th 2015: I tried to renew my precaria but the link says I already submit a request on Dec 15th.[/background]
April 7th, 2015: I was granted permanent residency.
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]April 17th, 2015: my DNI was handed to Correo Argentino for delivery[/background]

April 7th, 2015: I was granted permanent residency.
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]April 17th, 2015: my DNI was handed to Correo Argentino for delivery[/background]
When will it be in your hands?????????????????????????????????? When you get it. Scan it and save the scan.

Back