Getting refugees admitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame Croatians for having wartime PTSD, but nothing is going to happen in Croatia, that's just crazy talk.

Serbia and Bosnia are not sending troops to Ukraine, and no one is going to be invading Croatia. Croatia is a NATO member, if it gets invaded we're all going to be dead to nukes.

Your family will be laughed at, sorry to put it so bluntly but it's true. You cannot claim refugee status on the basis on being Croatian because of a war in Ukraine.

A lot of Ukranians migrated to this country particularly after the Chernobyl disaster.

Any refugee who is already in Europe wants to go to Germany
A lot of Ukranians migrated to this country particularly after the Chernobyl disaster.
Following the fall of the Soviet Union, since the 1990s approximately 4,000 Ukrainians have moved to Argentina from Ukraine.
The Chernobyl disaster happened 5 years before the collapse of the Soviet Union. In general, people were not allowed to "migrate" out of the Soviet Union. So no, it was not the Chernobyl.

I don't think that refugees who are already in Europe and have an opportunity to go to, say, Germany would be very interested in going to Argentina.

I don't think that refugees who are already in Europe and have an opportunity to go to, say, Germany would be very interested in going to Argentina.
At this moment. The impact of a potential energy and cost of living crisis combined with possible economic hardship in Germany and other EU countries may change this over the months ahead. Even if that doesn’t come to pass, a sudden and large influx of refugees competing for the same work and housing opportunities will make popular places like Germany less appealing than today. Additionally many refugees may simply be jittery about the escalation tactics at play by Putin and recent threats against some EU member states combined with their first hand trauma of being forced to leave their homes to escape Russian forces, some will simply want to get as far away from Europe as possible so they don’t need to worry about these things following them around. In the short term many may also prefer to stay closer to home in hope of being able to return soon meaning Poland (which economically speaking is good by comparison to Ukraine and culturally and linguistically is similar) is a popular choice.

Quality of life wise, Argentina is not sooo dissimilar to Ukraine providing you have a little money or some connections to get yourself started, and for sure it has better weather. It’s still viewed by many in that part of the world as a nice / desirable/ romantic destination wanting a new start far from home. At uncertain times abroad as history has always shown, South America, including Argentina, shines as one of the best places to be for peace of mind if it’s the sound of bombs you’re most worried about.

Today Cafiero confirmed Argentina will receive Ukrainian refugees via the UN program if and when requested to do so.

The Chernobyl disaster happened 5 years before the collapse of the Soviet Union. In general, people were not allowed to "migrate" out of the Soviet Union. So no, it was not the Chernobyl.

So they used to say to me, that they fled due to the Chernobyl crisis. I used to speak to the people I’m talking about, I did not read it on Wikipedia

So they used to say to me, that they fled due to the Chernobyl crisis. I used to speak to the people I’m talking about, I did not read it on Wikipedia
Apparently it makes a better story. Just ask them when they entered the country and the whole legend will fall apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back