Getting the ingredients you want.

keech

Registered
Hi

I was wondering how many people are stuck for ingredients here in BA.I know I always was.Well I'm leaving BA now after three years and going back to Europe.

I just had the idea of sending stuff down to people that they really miss or cant get.I know there are several companies offering this but I have tried them and they rarely work.My idea is to look for and buy what you need and post it to you here in BA.The idea is to use ebay at first and then paypal alone and people can order what they want and I can try and find it.

Powders are probably the best way to go as sauces will cost an arm and a leg to send down.

If anyone is interested start talking and we can arrange something.

K

send powders through the post? ya think they'll be opened by security,yathink??

I think "security" knows the difference between spices & other substances. ;)

But what I want is real Gruyere. But sadly you can't send that down. :(

Sadly, Gruyere I can't offer you, but goat's cheese with real flavour I can. I keep goats and make cheese. It's a bit too strong for the local palette but perfect for mine! If you're interested, I'm in capital a couple of times a week and can take some in. It's AR$10 for 100g, semi duro, delicious in salads, picnics, with fiambres...

keech said:
Hi

I was wondering how many people are stuck for ingredients here in BA.I know I always was.Well I'm leaving BA now after three years and going back to Europe.

I just had the idea of sending stuff down to people that they really miss or cant get.I know there are several companies offering this but I have tried them and they rarely work.My idea is to look for and buy what you need and post it to you here in BA.The idea is to use ebay at first and then paypal alone and people can order what they want and I can try and find it.

Powders are probably the best way to go as sauces will cost an arm and a leg to send down.

K
What country in Europe are you in? This could work out fantastic! I'm in dire need of organic baby foods etc...

trey said:
Sadly, Gruyere I can't offer you, but goat's cheese with real flavour I can. I keep goats and make cheese. It's a bit too strong for the local palette but perfect for mine! If you're interested, I'm in capital a couple of times a week and can take some in. It's AR$10 for 100g, semi duro, delicious in salads, picnics, with fiambres...

Bring it on!!! :D I'd take some goat milk too if you bring it.

At this point I've worked out how to get most of what I need down here, (with the exception of a good yellow cheddar cheese) but I am one of those people who had a hard time finding ingredients, so if you are looking for general feedback, I think your idea is a good one.

Just don't label it as spices as that might not be importable. It is not for Europe at least.

mini said:
I think "security" knows the difference between spices & other substances. ;)

That would be why they are called intellegence agencies. They can tell the difference between a small lavendar hand cream and a bomb.

No sorry actually they can't.

And they closed the UK postal service a few years back for days because there was some french chalk in a parcel.

keech said:
Hi

K

I think this is a good idea but the practical problems of getting things shipped into Argentina (i.e. customs and cost) would be your biggest problem. If it were easy most people would have someone from back home send them what they needed.

Back