Getting to airport from Neuquén

Thank you to everyone for being so helpful. Your kindness is amazing! We are enrolled in the STEP program with the state dept, so they are informing us of all flights and also have printable documents to show authorities once we get our flights.
We also talked to a policeman who said we can get a ‘permission to circulate’ document which willl at least help in Neuquén.
As of now, the plan is to try to get on the next repatriation flight, and drive to Buenos Aires.
We just feel as though we can’t hide anymore. Like someone said, ‘I’ll do social distancing, wear a mask, wash my hands but If I get Covid and die, I’ll just have to live with that.’
Thanks again to everyone. Please stay as positive as possible during these challenging times. We are getting closer to the other side.

I travel along the country because of my Federal cases.
I go often, or used to, to Zapala, Neuquen and Gral Roca.
My advice is:
0. Check the oil and tires before driving. Those cars usually are without proper maintenance.
1) Start always to drive at nigh; The main danger are trucks. They go to sleep at 10 PM. Sleep every 3/4 hours. Feel safe to sleep at the car at gas stations at Rio Colorado, before BB and 3 Arroyos.
2) At Rio Colorado before the bridge, full your tank, this is the last gas station with discount for living in Patagonia. Just after crossing the bridge, you have a decent restaurant on the left. Only go to YPF for gas.
3. Go to Bahia Blanca. Few kilometers before BB there is a YPF brand new gas station on the right. Use it. You can lunch there.
4. No matter what the GPS route, avoid the port. It is very broken the road and it is dangerous.
5. If you are tired you can sleep in BB but the best if to do it at Tres Arroyos (always use National Road 3), where you have a clean hotel on the road on the left. You also have an YPF on the left.
6. When you are arriving to Cañuelas be very careful not continue by NR 3 neither by BAR 6 because they go to Laferrere that is the ugliest you can find. After the railroad take to the right at 202 and you get the highway. Be very careful because is under construction the first few kms.
7. Do not eat vegetables during the trip. They do not have tap water to wash them.View attachment 6903
Thank you so much! That is exactly the info we needed since we have decided to make the drive to BA. You are a lifesaver. Please stay safe.

Thank you so much! That is exactly the info we needed since we have decided to make the drive to BA. You are a lifesaver. Please stay safe.
I would fill up at any gas station. It is well known that YPF's gas is inferior to other brands - its top rated one equals the lowest-priced one of other companies.

Drive safely, and please let the forum know when you get home. We are all rooting for you.....!

I travel along the country because of my Federal cases.
I go often, or used to, to Zapala, Neuquen and Gral Roca.
My advice is:
0. Check the oil and tires before driving. Those cars usually are without proper maintenance.
1) Start always to drive at nigh; The main danger are trucks. They go to sleep at 10 PM. Sleep every 3/4 hours. Feel safe to sleep at the car at gas stations at Rio Colorado, before BB and 3 Arroyos.
2) At Rio Colorado before the bridge, full your tank, this is the last gas station with discount for living in Patagonia. Just after crossing the bridge, you have a decent restaurant on the left. Only go to YPF for gas.
3. Go to Bahia Blanca. Few kilometers before BB there is a YPF brand new gas station on the right. Use it. You can lunch there.
4. No matter what the GPS route, avoid the port. It is very broken the road and it is dangerous.
5. If you are tired you can sleep in BB but the best if to do it at Tres Arroyos (always use National Road 3), where you have a clean hotel on the road on the left. You also have an YPF on the left.
6. When you are arriving to Cañuelas be very careful not continue by NR 3 neither by BAR 6 because they go to Laferrere that is the ugliest you can find. After the railroad take to the right at 202 and you get the highway. Be very careful because is under construction the first few kms.
7. Do not eat vegetables during the trip. They do not have tap water to wash them.View attachment 6903
Thank you! Thank you! Because of you( well, kinda because of us), we are in our Airbnb in BA waiting to go home Wednesday morning.

We ran such a gauntlet getting Neuquén that I would still be sitting there now, afraid to move, if you had not given me such detailed and accurate advice.

We followed your directions exactly, right down to the gas station. We avoided a huge police check by turning onto Route 205 In Canuelas.

Life is weird... things can feel so desperate and lonely, and then complete strangers like you (and the other folks here) lend a hand and everything changes.

I will try to pay it forward.

Thank you again. Please take care.

Back