Getting to U2 - ideas?

Hylton said:
For those going to the next shows - 4 hours back for us! Ugh. And 2.5 frustrating hours getting down there. Skipped Muse, leaving BA around 7 and pulling in one song in...

Advice for anyone that drives/parks - if you leave when everyone else does head away and to the outskirts and then back up to the main road back to BA.

I recommend that too, the one but last song is "with or without you". Then go.
You can easily skip Muse, just be there before 21:30. If you have problems parking there is a parking lot on 33th/21st, it wasnt full. It costs 100 pesos, but considering what we paid for the ticket, and considering you might avoid huge traffic jams, it's well worth it. It is in a dead running street, and cops are at the corner. That's where you drive into the street and can park in a garden.

Just an FYI -- I bought bus tickets at Retiro the day of the show for 24 pesos each. A comfortable "tourist" bus picked up on the sidewalk outside the station. Buses were leaving every 15 minutes, so there was basically no line. I got in line at 5pm Friday and got to La Plata by about 6:30.

The bus dropped off pretty far from the stadium, however. Lots of people were walking, but we grabbed a cab and got as close as we could to the stadium for about 15pesos. The bus picked us back up at 13th & 32nd, and we were back in BA by about 1:30am.

BTW, the stadium in La Plata doesn't sell beer! What? I guess they don't care about doubling the amount of money they make on each show. But there are tons of people selling drinks and snacks outside the stadium if you want to grab something before going in.

Vandy Bookman said:
BTW, the stadium in La Plata doesn't sell beer! What? I guess they don't care about doubling the amount of money they make on each show. But there are tons of people selling drinks and snacks outside the stadium if you want to grab something before going in.

NO stadiums in the country of Argentina sell beer when there is live music or a soccer game.

Electronic music? Yes.

Polo matches? Yes.

Stadium concerts? Arena concerts? No.

Soccer? No way could they insure the event.

Hey!

Anybody for tomorrow's concert?

Would be nice to share the joy of an U2 concert with other fans as well from the beginning to the end. Thanks!

Nicoleta

Back