Going Back to the States

Wesley Irwin

Registered
Hi guys,
I am flying back to the states for 2 weeks and so far have not found a ticket for under $1300. I am going to Seattle, have checked kayak, travelocity, etc. and have not found anything reasonable.

Know of any promociones?

Thanks!
Wesley

Check all of the search engines on bookingbuddy.com ...

Vayama.com
airprojects.travel
mobissimo.com
studentuniverse.com (don't have to be a student.. just a certain age. Verify if it applies to you)

A good friend of mine is doing just that please read his mail below with his contact .

I am selling US Airways miles, which is part of the Star
Alliance, which also includes United, Continental, Air Canada and more: http://www.staralliance.com/en/
I am selling each mile for .015 cents so 50,000 miles would cost $750 USD and
100,000 miles would cost $1,500 USD.
For example, a flight from Buenos Aires to the states on
economy class costs roughly 60,000 miles, multiplied by .015 = $900 + taxes
& fees, which should save you around a couple hundred dollars at least.
Current ticket prices are in the $1200-1300 USD range.
Remember that you can book a flight on any of the
airlines that are part of the Star Alliance. You should call the airlines first
to check and see if the flight you want is available and how many miles it will
cost. Then email me the itinerary and I will book you the ticket. If you can put a hold or a reservation on your itinerary even better.
Airline Phone Numbers: http://www.tollfreeairline.com/
Please email with questions: [email protected]

You have to play around with the search engines...very often the 1-way ticket is the most expensive. If return ticket is still expensive try playing tricky games, such as having the return ticket be to Panama rather than BA...or to Bogota; for some reason this is usually several hundred dollars cheaper than a one-way ticket.

pericles said:
A good friend of mine is doing just that please read his mail below with his contact .

Alliance, which also includes United, Continental, Air Canada and more: http://www.staralliance.com/en/
cost. Then email me the itinerary and I will book you the ticket. If you can put a hold or a reservation on your itinerary even better.

Considering your friend doesn't have the overhead that the airlines have I'd say that's a pretty steep price for miles. My company just booked a round-trip flight from BA to Newark and back for $1100.

Wesley Irwin said:
Hi guys,
I am flying back to the states for 2 weeks and so far have not found a ticket for under $1300. I am going to Seattle, have checked kayak, travelocity, etc. and have not found anything reasonable.

Know of any promociones?

Thanks!
Wesley

If price is your main issue you're better off flying to miami and then flying to seattle. Going that way on Kayak the fares would total about $930 for some dates.

I just checked random dates on Kayak, but here they are.....

EZE-MIA-EZE Leaving June 15, returning July 5th TAM Airlines via Sao Paolo
MIA-SEA-MIA Leaving June 16, returning July 4th (overnight to MIA) Continental

Play with the dates, you'll get better deals but it won't be as convenient as flying with one stopover directly to Seattle.

pericles said:

You shouldn't consider buying miles from this person for a second for a couple reasons.

1. The airlines use sophisticated modeling software to scrutinize frequent flyer tickets bought for someone else with miles, and will freeze suspicious accounts and cancel all tickets issued with miles from those accounts even if you are in transit already, also they search places like craigslist daily and are likely to come upon this idiots advert and act as a buyer in order to find out who he is and freeze his account and cancel all tickets issued from it.

2. Also these miles are overpriced, last month you could buy miles from US airways directly for 2.75 cents and get a bonus mile for every one you bought reducing the cost to 1.375 a mile for legitimate miles that you had no fear. not to mention last year there was a promotion that if you worked it right you could get US airways miles for .77 cents a mile again completely within the rules

3. the only time you should ever consider buying miles if it is from someone you know and trust personally, and make dam sure they aren't selling miles to anyone else because every time they do it they increase there chance of getting caught and your chance of ending up with a worthless ticket. Also remember you will not earn any miles yourself on frequent flyer tickets.

There are legal ways to trick the airline fairs lower in some instances, which I will not explain here but if you spend some time researching a "fuel dump" you may be able to figure it out , often times I can drop about $200-250 off the lowest fare you can find to north america from EZE.

If you post the dates you are looking for here I will take a look and see what I can do.

Best luck,
Greg

The best I have found so far is brol.com and I sometimes use dohop.com.

Good luck!

Back