Went to post office. Am i going to get deported over this?

lostravenblue

Registered
I tried to buy some stuff off ali express, and i just went to correo argentino to pick it up. She said immigration has to allow it, and asked me to prove that Im here legally. Are they going to come after me now? Please tell me my fear is irrational. I can’t afford to leave.

In all of my (generally unsuccessful) attempts at receiving parcels here, the problem has been the tax office, AFIP, not migraciones. Without knowing any specifics of your case, I do think you're crediting Argentinian efficiency much more than it deserves. I would sleep like a baby at night if my only problem was what you describe.

You could possibly try another post office.

Nah, it was like a $2 book. I think I'm just going to cut my losses and not risk it. Thank you for your reassurance. I have really bad anxiety, so I can never tell when I'm rationally afraid of something or not.

It would be impossible to get the package at another post office. It's already arrived at its destination.

This is probably the document they want to see. Print it out. Beware that the site is very case sensitive, I have to put my name in all capital letters or it won't work.

Nah, it was like a $2 book. I think I'm just going to cut my losses and not risk it. Thank you for your reassurance. I have really bad anxiety, so I can never tell when I'm rationally afraid of something or not.
I've been able to find just about any book I want online to download for a very small charge. Lots of websites do this. You can print it out at your friendly neighborhood 'libreria' if you want to read it in print. Not fancy, but you'll get what you need.

I've been able to find just about any book I want online to download for a very small charge. Lots of websites do this. You can print it out at your friendly neighborhood 'libreria' if you want to read it in print. Not fancy, but you'll get what you need.
She does prefer print, yeah. I figured something like that would be too expensive, though. She likes big biographies and academic tomes.

Back