Golf

Ronnie Hotdogs

Registered
Anyone play over here?
I live pretty close to the cancha de la ciudad but it doesn’t really look in the best condition.
Any other suggestions where they’ll take visitors?
Played quite a lot in the Uk and played a couple of times over here at Reserva Cardales.

Once played a round of golf at Pilar Golf Club. I'm not really a golfer myself, and got in to play only as a visitor. What I do recall apart from the numerous bunker shots I had to play, was that out of the sky a helicopter descended onto the golf course, and out jumped ex President Menem for a round. He was quite a good golfer, and although at the time he was retired from his political career, he could still call the shots to land on the course whenever and wherever he wanted. Perhaps Cristina has similar connections down in Patagonia today, if you fancy a game with her in El Calafate?!

On a similar theme but not golf related, I’ve been stood about 6ft away from Kristina outside her residence in El Calafate

Seriously, I would highly recommend a weekend trip to Tandil, where I am based to play golf. I'm taking one hour lessons here with a coach for 500 pesos, I need a lot of coachng ! There are two fine golf courses here, the best one is at Valle de Tandil, a wonderful course and setting.

El Valle de Tandil :: Country Club, Golf & Resort

Looks nice, didn't realise there were hills in Buenos Aires!
Staying with the political link, seems you have a chance of playing with Mauricio down there.
Happened to click on the results page and noticed this;
Macri
Seems he plays off 7, wonder what Cristina plays off...

Indeed Macri went to the same public school in Tandil that my wife went to in the centre here. He does indeed play that golf course regularly when he is here. As for Cristina, her game isn't found on the fairways, she plays off each other politician to score high and win big! And when that's doesn't work she takes out the Driver and gives him a big whack!

Anyone play over here?
I live pretty close to the cancha de la ciudad but it doesn’t really look in the best condition.
Played quite a lot in the Uk and played a couple of times over here at Reserva Cardales.
Anyone play over here?
We play at the Hurlingham Club. Let me know if you need an invite. The green fees are cheap for USA standards, and the course is lovely. Send me a pm if you want to try it out.

Finally got round to playing at the cancha de la ciudad.
Very cheap at 600pesos a round. Greens are like putting on a thick carpet extremely slow.
Not bad for the money and convenience of being walkable for my apartment.
Very busy though and was 2 1/2hrs for 9 holes so would have been a 5 hour round a bit too long for my liking.
You need to sign up for a matricula that was something like 13k pesos, and then you get a user name to be able to book a tee time.
I think you might be able to just turn up and wait for no show too.
Handicap certificate might come in handy for other courses though,

Back