Good English Speaking Realtor For Long-Term 2 Year Lease?

well, you can get a guarantee for 1 months rent or 1.5 months rent

but you need to be careful about the guranator and if the owner will accept the guarantee.

Its not easy to get a guarantor.

Matt84, look up for something here in the northern suburbs for me, would you, darlin'?
Our rent is going up to 7600 ARS next month (we started at 5800 ARS one year ago, expenses are about ARS 1000/mo), the exchange rate dropped, and we don't feel like we are living in a €600 a month estate.

sorry, that doesn't sound as much fun.
Still all those luxury apartments I linked are 25% above market price. I actually called one and they freely admitted that the price can easily be talked down, owners of that kind of property look for long term responsible tenants with good garantias and references

This dollar versus peso decline is actually sounding a win win situation for people who have their rents in USD versus people with pesos rents going up 15% every 6 months

This dollar versus peso decline is actually sounding a win win situation for people who have their rents in USD versus people with pesos rents going up 15% every 6 months

Exactly! I remember that soon after we started renting, with the Euro skyrocketing at 18, our rent equalled to €380. Next month with the 2nd 15% increase, we will be spending about €600!
(excl. expenses).

Anyway I am surprised that Recoleta is cheaper than San Isidro! Maybe because there is a much wider choice?

The Norhern suburbs are not exactly "unwealthy" except perhaps in odors. Recoleta is rich in odors and population density.

Remax has offices in Buenos Aires with an specific area to work with expats, let me know if you need the contact info. There are several local real estate offices working with expats.

I can recommend Tamara Kaslin <[email protected]> from Remax. She's at 15-4178-1828.

She helped us when we first got here and worked hard to get us things that fit our needs and wants. She speaks good English -- lived in Miami for a number of years, so also understands expat expectations, and often help expats coming to BA on assignments or diplomatic posts. She has long-term thinking and knows that if she does a good job for you today, you are likely to recommend her (as I am doing) and seek her out in future situations (as I would).

Even when I found the apartment on my own, I decided to keep her in the process (and pay her commission) because she had worked hard and was good in helping us think through issues with landlords, as well as give us a good perspective as to what was standard/usual vs. what was not.

If you end up calling her, please let her know that Johnny Wong put a good word for her.

i want to piggyback on this thread ....in a month i am going to renegotiate a new lease on my house. The owner is agreeable to a 2 year lease. what is the current "normal and customary" inflation rate with 2 year leases? As background, i have rented this house for the last year and half with 6 month leases and pay up front all the rent. The last 6 month lease was 25% higher than the previous one. besitos para su tempo...

Back