Good Hostel recommendations

smurgy

Registered
I'm moving to Buenos Aires for 2 months in early November and looking for recommendations for safe, clean hostels where I would stay for a few days before finding a reasonable apartment. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Te Adoro Garcia. It's a few blocks from one of the race tracks (NOT the one in Accassuso), maybe the last stop before Retiro on the train that goes to the northern suburbs. I'm sure you can look it up online. My wife and I stayed there when I first moved to BA. It's clean (no smoking), safe, and the owner is super friendly. It also had very reasonable rates (at least in 2006).

PS The name "Te Adoro Garcia" is a play on the name of one of its cross streets (Theodore Garcia, maybe). I suppose you could look it up that way. They offer private and shared rooms.

PPS It's a few blocks from one of my father-in-law's restaurants (Perica). Pretty yummy.

texxaslonghorn said:
Te Adoro Garcia. It's a few blocks from one of the race tracks (NOT the one in Accassuso), maybe the last stop before Retiro on the train that goes to the northern suburbs. I'm sure you can look it up online. My wife and I stayed there when I first moved to BA. It's clean (no smoking), safe, and the owner is super friendly. It also had very reasonable rates (at least in 2006).
that,ll be Palermo then,and the other is San Isidro:rolleyes:

America del Sur hostel in San Telmo. Chacabuco y Chile from memory. Great double rooms with ensuite if you feel like some space and paying a bit more.

I'm in no way affiliated with them, but stayed there a few months ago when I visited whilst meeting with my new company here. I've now moved here and just found an apartment.

Great hostel, really helpful staff, happy to assist in getting you set up.

Back