Quiet Hostel For 40+? And A Flat To Rent For Us$ 600?

mariano-BCN

Registered
I'm arriving 2 May to live for at least a year in BsArs and this time I want to stay for the first few days at a hostel and look from there further for a place to stay. The hostel where I used to stay is gone (Sandanzas in San Telmo) so I'm looking for a quiet hostel with less young guests in San Telmo; anybody suggestions?
And: also looking for a studio, flat or shared flat max us$ 600 a month all in.
cheers

Good luck Mariano, most hostels cater to younger crowds who like to party. I might suggest checking out a tango themed place which attracts a different mindset though they will be coming and going until the wee hours as is the dance scene. I can't recommend one off hand, but there are several in the neighborhood.
As far as apartments, I visited earlier in the year and found nothing in your price range in San Telmo. I ended up renting a room closer to Balvanera and missed ST dearly. No doubt you can get a room for that price though.

Try the Victoria Hotel on Chacabuco. The rooms start at AR60, with a private bath AR100. Cheaper than a hostel and more privacy, but there is still a social scene in the lovely courtyyard.

Price seems too good to be true, la_guachita. Sounds like it's a privado and they put you to work once you're installed!

Nope. I've stayed there myself. Google it. It's just that some gringos don't know about these types of places. I can also get you an acceptable room (for a budget traveler) for $1350/month. So I always get confused when people insist you need US$1,500 a month here minimum. There are truly two economies here.

Thanks for the info. This hotel was right next to my first apt here. It looks amazing inside, I love patios, I could never have thought what lay behind the front door. So many jewels in this city...

Try the Victoria Hotel on Chacabuco. The rooms start at AR60, with a private bath AR100. Cheaper than a hostel and more privacy, but there is still a social scene in the lovely courtyyard.

Guachita...! Inflation inflation ! Single $100 , double $150 private bath. No TV? Confirmed by phone today 16/03/13 at 21:17 local time.

Hotel Victoria
Chacabuco 726
San Telmo
54 (011) 4361 2135

Yes for two people it does cost more, It's by number of people. I take reservations for them and the prices are locked. Maybe the owner heard an accent and decided to tell you a higher price, he's an old codger.

Yes no TV, except in the lobby! What do you want ? Ja ja -- hostels charge more than that and also don't have TV's in the rooms.

thx, I guess finding a place for a short term won't be a problem but anybody knows a flat, studio for at least one year for 600 dollar all in a month?

http://baexpats.org/topic/23855-ten-new-studio-apartments-in-all-rental-building-balvanera/#entry186641

Back