Good Porteño Tv And Movies

On canal 7:
una tarde caulquiera. This is a talk show with teenagers. It is a great show, and actually has the best level of political debate on TV! I actually found it somewhat easy to follow news in Spanish because so many political terms come from greek and latin (democracia, libertad, la politica, etc).
Las aventuras de Zamba. OK, this is a kids show. But it is really good! animation and a lot of history, but very irrelevant. The lead character is from Formosa but he speaks like a porteño.
An awful show but will help you learn Spanish: No Toca Boton, canal 9 on weekends. Really bad, very sexist from the 80s. But you will learn a lot of dirty words. BTW, it is considered family entertainment here. Also, if you mention the show you will win bonus points with any porteño, Olmedo is kind of like God. And you will understand a lot about Argentine culture.
Los simuladores. from 2002, but on dvd/internet. in my opinion, the best Argentine TV show of all times.

On canal 7:
una tarde caulquiera. This is a talk show with teenagers. It is a great show, and actually has the best level of political debate on TV! I actually found it somewhat easy to follow news in Spanish because so many political terms come from greek and latin (democracia, libertad, la politica, etc).
Las aventuras de Zamba. OK, this is a kids show. But it is really good! animation and a lot of history, but very irrelevant. The lead character is from Formosa but he speaks like a porteño.
An awful show but will help you learn Spanish: No Toca Boton, canal 9 on weekends. Really bad, very sexist from the 80s. But you will learn a lot of dirty words. BTW, it is considered family entertainment here. Also, if you mention the show you will win bonus points with any porteño, Olmedo is kind of like God. And you will understand a lot about Argentine culture.
Los simuladores. from 2002, but on dvd/internet. in my opinion, the best Argentine TV show of all times.

Las aventuras de Zamba???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eh1B4a-RMA
If the other stories are as accurate as this shite its no more historical than a Disney Cartoon.

Solamente vos is an awfull show, where all the characters are really hard to believe. The one that's after, Farsantes, is a very good show, and it goes slower (it's not like a cartoon, like the other one), so it might be good to practise!

Solamente vos is an awfull show, where all the characters are really hard to believe. The one that's after, Farsantes, is a very good show, and it goes slower (it's not like a cartoon, like the other one), so it might be good to practise!

I found both send me looking for the dog lead, little pup gets lots of evening walks while herself watches that nonsense. Farsantes is pretty tedious in my opinion, I couldn't watch more than 3 episodes without finding myself doing other things to avoid watching it. Solamente Vos is an advertising vehicle, the plot and characters are secondary. The product placement is beyond shameless, there is not much to applaud except familiarising yourself with the language as people have point out. You'll get manufactured hysteria, plastic passion and cheesey lines all week long. Might help those with amorous intentions !

We went to see Vino para Robar last night. It was just about OK, entertaining with a fairly obvious plot with a flew significant flaws which you would need to forgive to get any enjoyment out of it. A bit of bubblegum for a Sunday evening, it kept my attention as I was able to follow it without subtitles in Spanish (it's in Spanish) and I was curious to see how Mendoza looked in the movie without ever having been. A generous 6 out of ten, although La Nacion have it as "Muy Buena" in their espectaculos section.

I don't think either of them are that great. The OP wants some good porteño tv though, to assist with his Spanish.

The reason I suggested Solamente Vos is that its very porteño, its so exagerrated, dramatic, the characters are very porteño. I haven´t watched much of Farsantes, but I have heard it's a bit better.

I used to watch Sos mi vida, which has the same girl as Solamente vos and is equally terrible/cheesy. They seemed to shout less though, but maybe im just not remembering it that well. Another thing you could watch is 'Algo habrán hecho', which tells the history of Argentina, so you might learn something and it wont be as annoyingly dramatic as 99% of Argentinean tv is. Nothing for me beats Capusotto though, but you need to get the humor and in a lot of cases already have a pretty good understanding of porteño spanish i suppose. He also made a movie that was quite bizar, forgot the name. There's some decent movies out there anyway. If you start with movies staring Darin youll see a big chunk of the most popular ones, including Nueve reinas and El secreto de sus ojos, and also El hijo de la novio which is one i like. Ive always had a weakness for Valentin, because of the little kid. I recently saw Infancia Clandestina, also about a kid and the dictatorship, which was quite good. Also includes the girl of Solamente Vos, but not in her usual soapy kind of role. Medianeras was a nice movie, although the ending disappointed me as it was a bit cliché. A good documentary about the crisis in 2001 for me was Memoria del Saqueo, but watch it with subs if your Spanish needs a lot of improvement. A movie that isnt porteño but is very Argentinean and i enjoyed a lot for some reason, probably for the landscape and the feeling of traveling, was Familia Rodante. I dont know, ive seen a lot of movies but cant remember too many besides this right now. Just at all costs, avoid watching Tinelli.

Back