Good Restaurant Near Thelonious (Jerónimo Salguero 1884)

bobg

Registered
Óleo has a search function but it cannot find restaurants near a particular address - only restaurants in a particular zona. And I have no idea what zona Theloious is in. In fact this whole zona thing confuses me. Some seem to be official and are identified on maps while others ... not so much.

Thanks, Bob

Have you tried yelp??

It is quite good here. Plenty of restaurants listed and good reviews

There is one called The Pelicula for me a silly name its a parilla reasonably priced its on Charcas between Salguero and Julian Alvarez
There is also Lo de Carlos, the typical Villa Gesell place as well as another one Las Cortaderas on Charcas! All within a few minutes of Theolonius

Óleo has a search function but it cannot find restaurants near a particular address - only restaurants in a particular zona. And I have no idea what zona Theloious is in. In fact this whole zona thing confuses me. Some seem to be official and are identified on maps while others ... not so much.

Thanks, Bob

Notorious is in palermo viejo

Thelonious is in Villa Freud, which is a neighborhood that doesnt officially exist.
"good" means different things to different people.
Really nice parilla nearby, La Choza, white tablecloths, reliable old school parilla at medium prices, you usually need a reserva.
Gran Dabang is maybe 8 or 9 blocks, on Scalabrini near honduras, asian/argentine hybrid with very interesting dishes.
Tom and Nancy live right around the corner, they love the NW style place 1810, on the corner of Guatemala y Alvarez.
A little further away, down on Honduras, is the cluster of Nola (fried chicken and craft beer) El Tejano (kickass barbecue- ribs, brisket, smoked chicken) and La Alacena- but none of em are exactly normal dinner restaurants.
Most of the restaurants near Alto Palermo are pretty average. Skip Velvet, just down the block- it sucks.
La Pharmacie, on Charcas, is not bad, but not stellar, just a reasonable place where families go to eat.

About 10 minutes' walk from Thelonious, at Thames esq. Charcas, is Las Pizarras. And I also agree about La Choza and 1810. La Choza and Las Pizarras are more "go out to dinner" places, while 1810 is more a NW regional, locro and empanadas, place. Just depends on what you are looking for.

totally agree about Las Pizarras- its really good food, very unusual for here. But you would definitely need a reservation there.
their rabbit pate is calling me. not a fancy atmosphere, but fancy food, in the best sense.

Regarding Velvet, the one and ONLY thing to eat there is the rabas and fries, totally decadent / unhealthy, but I do love it once in a while.
Nancy

totally agree about Las Pizarras- its really good food, very unusual for here. But you would definitely need a reservation there.
their rabbit pate is calling me. not a fancy atmosphere, but fancy food, in the best sense.

We went to Las Pizarras in December without a reservation, and had no problem getting in (can't remember what night of the week). We liked it a lot, and are eager to return.

Back