Restaurant recommendations near Plaza San Martin?

esllou

Registered
Can anyone recommend a good restaurant near Plaza San Martin? "good" not meaning "300 pesos a head". :D Preferably argentinian.

thanks.

arty

Registered
Filo is a great pizza place, on san martin and paraguay

Maraya

Registered
Empire Thai on Tres Sargientos and Dada - I think on San Martin near that really good pizza place -- Filo.

smirkypants

Registered
Bengal. Absolutely. I used to live near there and it was my favorite place. It's a bit expensive, but it's fantastic. It's on Arenales between Esmerelda and Suipacha.

Ailujjj

Registered
Juana M. It's on Carlos Pellegrini & Posadas, so in the vicinity tho not right there. Love it & anyone I've introduced it to fell for it, too.

mini

Registered
Isn't Dora near there? It's on Reconquista 1076. I've been there twice & enjoyed it each time. Most things are big enough to share. The only exception, I think, if if you get grilled fish. Those portions are not gigantic. The others are, even the 1/2 portions.

twin

Registered
mini said:
Isn't Dora near there? It's on Reconquista 1076. I've been there twice & enjoyed it each time. Most things are big enough to share. The only exception, I think, if if you get grilled fish. Those portions are not gigantic. The others are, even the 1/2 portions.

One of the few places in the city that serves lobster.
Corner Reconquista y Dr Ricardo Rojas. Good spot but not for the budget minded.