good spanish classes for beginner

BennyDunphy

Registered
hey guys and gals, anyone know of a good place to study spanish, a place you can recommend? i'm a liverpool lad, new to buenos aires, gracias, benny

Congrats on the decision to come to Buenos Aires-- I've been down here for a couple months now and I haven't regretted a minute of it! Just wanted to give my two sense on Spanish schools in BsAs, since I've been through the search and found a great place for classes. I've been taking group classes at a school downtown called Expanish.

My Spanish was so-so before coming, but I hadn't taken a class since high school (7 or so years ago!)- they accept students of all levels and place you into an appropriate class once you take a level test. The classes are small-- I've had the same teacher and same few classmates for a couple weeks now, and that kind of continuity defintiely helps when learning a language. The students here are super diverse, from all over the world, and a range of ages, so everyone fits in pretty well!

The Expanish staff has also been a plus to whole experience--energetic, understanding, welcoming, etc. Each week they plan dinners, tours, short excursions. The coordinator I dealt with seemed very flexibile, so I'm sure they'd be able to work with whatever you have in mind. Check out the site if you haven't come across it already in your searches!

www.expanish.com

Maybe I'll see you here! Suerte!

Hello there, I do not know if you have started with your classes, if NOT, I would like to offer my services as a spanish language teacher. More info at www.bahabla.com
Should you have questions, please, contact me.
I hopew this email finds you well.
Ezequiel

I know a few people who have studied at BA Plus. From what I heard, their programs are good. Another friend of mine also had a good experience with VOS.

Be careful with Expanish. The other day I read a complaint about them in either Tripadvisor, Frommer's or Fodor's.

Thank you mcaffa for the heads up ! Do you happen to know any good individual tutors? Many thanks

Hi mcaffa, I have to comment about expanish because I've read those complaints too in lots of travel forums. The same complaint posted everywhere so it seems a bit spammy, possibly by a competitor (?). i am looking at spanish schools because I want to take some lessons. I've been talking with friends who have studied Spanish in BA for their recommendations. i've had friends study at expanish and they loved the school and their experience. I shared the complaint with them to ask if it was true. they said everything was provided in English. Also they never saw any sales staff, only admissions. And they told me they were glad the teachers spoke spanish because they wanted to learn spanish. I checked out the website of expanish - they look like a good spanish school. I'll post again a review of the school after I start my spanish lessons with them. I'm looking forward to learning spanish!

bninba said:
Hi mcaffa, I have to comment about expanish because I've read those complaints too in lots of travel forums. The same complaint posted everywhere so it seems a bit spammy, possibly by a competitor (?).

Don't shoot the messenger! And honestly, the post from MillysRI sure as heck looks like spam - plus, that was the one and only post that he/she has made here.

For anyone else out there who is interested in taking Spanish lessons in Buenos Aires, my client, B.A. Plus, just published some great promos they are running now through September.

aaron said:
Thank you mcaffa for the heads up ! Do you happen to know any good individual tutors? Many thanks

Sorry, I don't know any private tutors. Maybe you can find someone on Craigslist.

At 200pesos for ten hours you will be hard pushed to beat the classes at hostel clan. Its where i learnt my spanish but don't hold that against them LOL

Back