Good Stories? Great Experiences....

A happy day for me was when I closed my bank account here when I realised that I had to pay them every month for 'legally' stealing from me.
A particularly agreeable 'fuck you' moment.

A year ago when I had no permanent place, and I was like rolling stone moving every after copule of months. One of my friend's Aunty gave me "Garantia" to rent an apartment six months ago. That was happiest moment here for me, and people who knows, what "Garantia" is they can understand.

Dublin, I'm afraid that is not in accordance with the ethos of this thread.
Try again. :)

Some of you who have been on the board for a while may remember that I owned a business here in Buenos Aires for 3 years. It was a great experience having met many wonderful people. The bureaucracy however was a nightmare and some of you remember me had my shop closed down by some unscrupulous city inspectors who I refused to pay bribes to, and for which my store was illegaly closed down for 20 days. Well the law suit against the government of the city of Buenos Aires and these inspectors is in full swing. We have already had 3 hearings in court and 2 more left to go before the sentence is handed down. A few weeks ago they held the hearing where they took the testimony of the witnesses, all of whom were neighbors of my shop. Every single person who volunteered to be a witness came to the hearing, and this happened nearly 3 years ago. Some of them no longer even live in the area and all 5 people showed up to testify. It was very touching and made me feel really good to have people here who truly care about me and what I went through and are sick and tired of some of the things that happen here and them coming to testify means they are doing their part as citizens. Here's the whole story: www.escrachados.com

Oh come on! We get it; you like it here, hey I like it here too, but we all have bad things happen sometimes. Didn't you have an assistant steal from you in your apartment?

yes, but the assistant was a student from another country, not a Argentine. And I had not done due diligence when hiring. It was totally my fault, why blame the great country for it!

I have also had attempted muggings two times on me. But that was my fault for walking ( read strolling/drunk) on lonely dark streets by myself ( as if their was no tomorrow) at 2-3 am in the night in unsafe neighborhoods. Can not blame the great country for this.

I am sorry, I am not going to say anything negative about the country just for the heck of it.

Last week I went to starbucks and ordered a venti coffee and didn't have anything other than $100 peso notes and the couldn't make change so they gave it to me for free.

That was the 3rd time it had happened to me.

Ah I might try this! Good advice, perhaps they are told to do that.

I have met some of my closest friends since living here. Ok. They are other expats but I would never have met them if we all hadnt been crazy enough to move here! Does this count? Its a positive story about living here right?!

Just got to eat some of my mother-in-laws cooking. I'm not a big fan of lentils, I am of hers!

Back