Good Stories? Great Experiences....

Every morning this year I have waited for the bus at the same stop, at the same time, next to the same lady. We don't know each other or even speak to each other. Last week, the day of an important presentation of mine, "our" bus never came, and then a second bus passed us. We both started looking for taxis, but there were none to be found. Suddenly her dad drove by, and offered both of us a ride to Centro. This ride from a complete stranger saved my day.

When my dog was a little puppy he had a crazy bad habit of peeing on people in the park - he did it 3 times and while I almost died of embarassment each time the person just laughed it off and it was no pasa nada. I love the tolerance of animals and generally all things messy here!

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

I have one from the very beginning of when I lived in BA, was younger and didn't know much of anything yet. At the end of my first month in town, an ATM machine ate my debit card on a Friday night. I went to Western Union the following Monday with zero pesos in my pocket (genius) and it was the first time I had to deal with any sort of real-life situation in the country, really. I looked online for the nearest one and it ended up not existing, then I was wandering around the centro and up Córdoba looking for one. It started pouring, and I got so frustrated I was about to cry. I finally found a Western Union, waited in line for 45 minutes soaking wet, and when I got to the front I was told I couldn't get my money because blah blah something or other. I went to the back of the line and started crying. (Ugh, so embarrassing in hindsight.) The security guard came over. "Qué te pasa?" I explained, and I guess I also said something about how I was starving and hadn't had any money to get food all day while I was out running around. I think it was around 4 p.m. and I hadn't eaten anything yet. He shoved 20 pesos at me, told me to go get something to eat, and held my place in line. I was so embarrassed because here was this security guard making God knows what a month giving some yanqui money to tide her over until her dollars come in. When I got back, he told me that he'd talked to the girl at the counter and when the money came through, I was allowed to skip to the front of the line. He told me to take a seat.

That's when a random businessman who was leaving came over to me right after I sat down and very nicely offered me 200 pesos. He'd heard what happened. I said no, thank you. After all, I was about to get my money and didn't want to accept yet another stranger's hard-earned pesos. He kept arguing and finally said, "Tomá, a mí me pasó una vez en Brasil", threw the pesos in my lap and ran out the door. Five minutes later, I got my money. I've been wanting to pay those pesos forward to years now, but I haven't found the right situation. I'm thinking I'll just donate them, and probably adjust for inflation. [/background]

@Don't Mind me,

excellent experience. Thats y i love this place.

Just today, I was buying stuff at a supermarket and by mistake I gave 100 pesos extra. The lady at the caja counted and politely returned my 100 pesos. I would have never known that I gave 100 extra if she did not tell me.

This is just one of the 1000 good stories I know of here.

Been trying to sell my iPhone for ages, been let down a few times and had it on ML at a reduced price just to move it.
Shutting up the shop tonight after a god awful day, ie not one punter and this bloke comes in and asks about the phone that I'd mentioned to his wife yesterday.
I show it to him and he says 'Great! I'll have it.'
Two happy bunnies and one even happier as I'll be getting the S3 tomorrow as a result of that sale.
Result!

Once I took the train to San Isidro and was having coffee alone at a table for four people in a cafe across the street from the cathedral. A middle-aged couple entered with their daughter and were waiting for a table to sit at. I suggested they sit at my table as I was about to leave and it was ridiculous for me to take up so much room. They were so grateful and struck up a conversation with me. When I got hope to catch the long train ride home they said they were heading back to Capital Federal where they lived in Belgrano and offered to take me there. They ended up driving me in their BMW all the way back to Caballito.

Got on the bus the other day with my GF, there were no 2 seats free together but a nice woman kindly moved seat for is so we could sit together. :)

Back