GOOD Sushi?

Johnny said:
Yuki. Pasco 740. Phone number 4942 7510. Out of the way in San Cristobal. No sign. Small with traditional japanese decor. Owned and operated by Japanese. Only open in the evening. Call for a reservation. The only decent sushi place I have visited in Buenos Aires, and yes, I am a sushi snob.

If you are looking for a sushi place comparable to the best sushi restaurants in North America you are not going to find them in Buenos Aires. Yuki is the best bet here.

ˆˆˆˆˆˆThisˆˆˆˆˆˆˆ

Although as always I have to harp on the whole "San Cristobal doesn't start till independencia" angle

If I can't suck the Philly Cream Cheese out with a milkshake/smoothie straw, then I won't even consider it.

Actually I had ~AR$67 salmon sushi that actually looked like sushi (not sushi rolls) at Gran Bar Danzon last Saturday night. It was decent.

Of course, I had "all-u-can-eat" sushi for about AR$65 at Itamae Sushi nearly 4 years ago. Then again, I had some much cream cheese that night I think I could have provided the Sunday shmear for half the bagels in Brooklyn.

Napoleon said:
If I can't suck the Philly Cream Cheese out with a milkshake/smoothie straw, then I won't even consider it.
Yer killin' me !!

For good sushi try Japan, everywhere on Hokkaido for example. That's the REAL thing and not that farse you get in the West and everyone calles sushi.

By the way: I love sushi, but you may consider skipping tuna, as it is an real in danger of dissapearing for good.

I really enjoy the restaurant at the Japanese botanical garden. I've had their dishes and their sushi and remember it all being really tasty and really fresh. I never hear anyone recommend this place though. Does no one ever go? It's also a pretty restaurant/location in addition to the good food.

tez said:
I really enjoy the restaurant at the Japanese botanical garden. I've had their dishes and their sushi and remember it all being really tasty and really fresh. I never hear anyone recommend this place though. Does no one ever go? It's also a pretty restaurant/location in addition to the good food.

I agree, it is über-fresh, but really, how much koi sushi can you really eat in one sitting?

Napoleon said:
I agree, it is über-fresh, but really, how much koi sushi can you really eat in one sitting?

Probably would still taste better than a regular meal at Itamae!!!

I like sushiclub. But Yuki...well Yuki is out of this world. GO. (reservations a must, they won't let you in without them)

Back