GOOD Sushi?

harrisonba

Registered
I have just choked down my last piece of bad sushi in this town until I get some quality advice.

Is the salmon nigiri sushi here made from plasticine or what?

Is there anyone here from Vancouver, San Francisco or other cities with large Asian populations who has found a COMPARABLE restaurant in BA, preferably Palermo?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Osaka has great food but just decent sushi. I posted a review of a place here on chile and pasco that was excellent. But generally sushi here sucks.

I went to a great japanese restaurant at Mexico street, off Pasco street. It is located accross the street from Casa Japonesa.

For delivery sushi, fabric is among the best ones.

nikad said:
Irifune in the downtown, Tenkuu in Palermo

They are both great sushi . I love the sashimi combo at Irifune.

Try Sipan on Paraguay and Florida . The food is excellent with great sushi.

Yuki. Pasco 740. Phone number 4942 7510. Out of the way in San Cristobal. No sign. Small with traditional japanese decor. Owned and operated by Japanese. Only open in the evening. Call for a reservation. The only decent sushi place I have visited in Buenos Aires, and yes, I am a sushi snob.

If you are looking for a sushi place comparable to the best sushi restaurants in North America you are not going to find them in Buenos Aires. Yuki is the best bet here.

Thank you everyone for the feedback! I look forward to trying the good stuff. As my niece in England says, "yeah -- the sushi sucks here too, but at least you can go back to eating your delicious steaks".

I always preface my recommendations by saying the best sushi here is in no way comparable to great sushi in NY or Vancouver or Seattle, etc. It's just not.

That being said, Irifune is good. Ditto Yuki. I also like Bistro Tokio in Belgrano (no ambiance at all but good quality and reasonable).

citygirl said:
I always preface my recommendations by saying the best sushi here is in no way comparable to great sushi in NY or Vancouver or Seattle, etc. It's just not.

That being said, Irifune is good. Ditto Yuki. I also like Bistro Tokio in Belgrano (no ambiance at all but good quality and reasonable).
CG-Does Bistro Tokio have anything other than white fish and salmon ? That's my big gripe about sushi in Buenos Aires, the lack of variety. Alot of places fall all over themselves with all kinds of different preparations, but still with only two kinds of fish.

Back