GOOD Sushi?

bebero said:
I like sushiclub. But Yuki...well Yuki is out of this world. GO. (reservations a must, they won't let you in without them)

You really like Sushi Club?? It should be called cream cheese club. Every single roll there has 'phila'.

withersdavis said:
You really like Sushi Club?? It should be called cream cheese club. Every single roll there has 'phila'.

Do they serve it with milkshake/smoothie straws or chopsticks?

crmchse_1.jpg

chopsticks-silver.jpg
vs
%5Cuploads%5Cthumbs%5Cstraws_thumb_220x0.gif

This is the real test.

I also wanted to mention that I am a big fan of Sushiphone. Their sushi has always been fresh, they deliver anywhere, their ceviche is good, and I almost even like some of their cream cheese rolls...

Lee said:
I know what some will say but there is a Benihana at the Alto Palermo shopping center and if you just stay away from that annoying table with the "show" and order sushi and sashimi, they have a decent selection and you can always get tuna there (the main draw for us after you get tired of eating endless salmon).

Yep, this is one place to get tuna all the time and their lunch specials are a good deal.

I agree with previous posters - too much cream cheese and too much sugar in sushi in general. For little more authentic experience try (Comedor) Nikkai (Asociación Japonesa en Argentina) in San Telmo on Av Independencia 732 of Chacabuco, phone 4300-5848, hours 12-15 and 20-?, closed on Sundays. Look for the huge wooden doors adorned with unimposing Japanese characters in a windowless building. Ask for an English menu. Prices are not sky high and sushi is pretty good. Reservations recommended for the evening hours.
Guia Oleo link:
http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Nikkai-Asociacion-Japonesa-en-Argentina-125#

olynor said:
I agree with previous posters - too much cream cheese and too much sugar in sushi in general. For little more authentic experience try (Comedor) Nikkai (Asociación Japonesa en Argentina) in San Telmo on Av Independencia 732 of Chacabuco, phone 4300-5848, hours 12-15 and 20-?, closed on Sundays. Look for the huge wooden doors adorned with unimposing Japanese characters in a windowless building. Ask for an English menu. Prices are not sky high and sushi is pretty good. Reservations recommended for the evening hours.
Guia Oleo link:
http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Nikkai-Asociacion-Japonesa-en-Argentina-125#
This is a nice place, but the last time I was there they only offered white fish and salmon. Nada mas.

I am from Frisco and I seriously don't understand the obsession with salmon that Argentineans have.... and they think every single sushi is made with salmon. there is no diversity

sushi from baires is like eating the sushi you buy at a supermarket here in san francisco.....

sushi pop's sushi is disgusting. its drenched in rice vinegar....
and dashi, is just lame. you pretty much end up paying for the location ....thats why its expensive.

Osaka - i never tried their sushi but i dont understand the theme "Peru and Japon". also, i wont ever go back cause they made me walk like 10 blocks to find and ATM cause they dont take any credit card expect "american express". yeah like everyone in the world has one......

Back