Good Tailor For Suit Alterations

Hi Everyone,

So almost 5 years on now since I first started the thread and I am in need of a tailor again. I had found a wonderful older gentleman that was flawless in his work, but during the pandemic he decided to retire fully.

So I am on the hunt for a new mens tailor with experience doing alterations on suits. I am looking for someone that is able to do more than just hem pants. I would love to have someone with real tailor experience that can work on high quality suits and do more advanced adjustments as needed.

Any recommendations you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Did you find any?

Did you find any?
I went to the guy in the newspaper article mentioned previously in Recoleta. He was good but not 100%. He has a lot of work at the moment, and I got the feeling he was not interested in spending a lot of extra time with me to get it just right. To his credit, he got everything within 95% of perfect on the first try.

@Luigi does Victor have a shop in Cañitas?

I went to the guy in the newspaper article mentioned previously in Recoleta. He was good but not 100%. He has a lot of work at the moment, and I got the feeling he was not interested in spending a lot of extra time with me to get it just right. To his credit, he got everything within 95% of perfect on the first try.

@Luigi does Victor have a shop in Cañitas?

Dom are referring to Fabio's Tailor Shop on Arenales St. in Recoleta?
Well 95 % is a good score for Argentina.
Would you go back for anther suit?

Dom are referring to Fabio's Tailor Shop on Arenales St. in Recoleta?
Well 95 % is a good score for Argentina.
Would you go back for anther suit?
Yeah thats the one.

He told me pricing for a 3 piece suit with a decent wool from Italy would be about 200,000 pesos.

He seems to know how to make decent suits, but nothing that wows me. He seemed a bit resigned to trying to make the suit fit my less than normal frame. Im 6' 2" and about 230 lb. I work out and have a fairly large chest, back, and legs relative to my waist. When I pointed out a few spots the suit had a hard time draping over he just told me 'suits aren't designed to fit this (chest muscle)'. So that kind of made me think he's not the guy for me long term. He didn't seem to be interested in tailoring a suit any different than your average 80s/90s business guy style fits. I was looking more for someone who could get me a classic style cut (no skinny suits but not big and baggy either...just well cut around the chest and back.)

My former tailor was really good and understood how to alter things to fit my less than traditional shape. I found out he's semiretired so I think I can still get some occasional work out of him.

Arreglos de ropa "Anna" - Charcas 4793, Esq Godoy Cruz, right in front of the Distrito arcos. She is fast, cheap and the most important thing - impeccable, you don't find this quality around here. She can do absolutely anything. It's very close to Las Canitas and they deliver for free if it's within a certain radius. Open 7 days a week, till 8 p.m. Whatsapp 11-3672-1782. Good luck.
This lady ruined a $300 pair of pants. The first couple of jobs she did for me were great. Then I gave her the pants and it turned disastrous. I told her exactly how I wanted the pants - NO TAPER. She promised to have them done by a certain date. When I went back, she had forgotten. I came back a week later. She had tapered the legs so they were skinny pants. She tried to fix them several times, but she cut so much material on the original alteration, there was nothing to be done. When I told her the pants were unfixable, she said I needed to change my style and wear skinny pants. So I'm out a $300 pair of Canali slacks. Nothing could be done - she doesn't have $300 to reimburse me and I don't want any more work from her. Not recommended.

Argentina is not England. It's a huge price for Argentina.
The mentioned shop is a top of the line Tailor. Try around Once sure you will find something cheaper , perhaps half price...!

Back