Google FI internet speeds

I'm not sure that all offices can deal with foreigners, at least for Personal that isn't the case. The Personal office in Palermo, on Honduras, does.

I think we see Personal as being better for speed (I just got 80Mbps download indoors in Palermo now), but with smaller data packages, while Claro is slower (maybe someone can check what speed they see) but has enormous data packages.

For my Personal SIM I just add money to my account (Mercadopago, kiosk, or the recharging terminals), and buy 2 / 3 GB packages as required via text message, or the app on my phone.

Does personal have an app and the ability to buy prepago packs direct from a debit card? I was thinking about checking them out but Claro has become convenient to use during the pandemic. I'm also in the interior so it needs to work outside of BA

Does personal have an app and the ability to buy prepago packs direct from a debit card?
Why do you insist on buying packages directly?
You are getting perks for loading the balance.
You can buy a package from the balance later.

I can't see that I can buy packages with my debit card, since (as lunar suggests), I've already recharged my balance and all the packages I see will be deducted from that balance.

I normally use Mercadopago to recharge, it's just 3 clicks. Then either Personal will recommend packages by text, or I can buy them in the app.

And you definitely should check coverage in your area. A colleague of mine used Personal in Bariloche without any major problems. If you're in a tourist area it's possible that too many users may congest the network (any or all of them) at times. This was a problem, for example, last summer in Villa Gesell.

Why do you insist on buying packages directly?
You are getting perks for loading the balance.
You can buy a package from the balance later.

Because when your pack runs out the balance is chewed up almost immediately. I prefer to be made clear that my pack is out and simply buy a new one when I need it. Why would you want to hold unused pesos on an account? Am I missing something?

it's likely just a local problem in your area. i've been connected by LTE all day on my pixel 5.

did you switch airplane mode on/off? maybe power your phone on/off too and see if forcing it to reconnect helps.

it's likely just a local problem in your area. i've been connected by LTE all day on my pixel 5.

did you switch airplane mode on/off? maybe power your phone on/off too and see if forcing it to reconnect helps.

In some areas I get the LTE, but for some reason around Recoleta indoors I’ve been getting the H or H+. Tried switching off/on airplane mode for 5 seconds, then restarting. This helped when I initially arrived and wasn’t getting any coverage, but it didn’t seem to help for the Recoleta H+ issue.

I got the Personal sim. I went to the Personal store on Santa Fe street I think, and they said they don’t sell prepaid sims, and I should go to a Kiosk nearby. Went to a Kiosk store and the gentleman didn’t speak any English but was nice, sold me a sim but said I must go to Personal and register with them my passport. Went to Personal and they accepted a photo of my passport. Then went back to the kiosk and filled it up with 1000 pesos, the max apparently allowed at the kiosk. Is that enough? But haven’t yet tried activating it. Have to get the Spanish directions figured out.

In some areas I get the LTE, but for some reason around Recoleta indoors I’ve been getting the H or H+. Tried switching off/on airplane mode for 5 seconds, then restarting. This helped when I initially arrived and wasn’t getting any coverage, but it didn’t seem to help for the Recoleta H+ issue.
well, maybe you just have bad luck with the signal in the apt. hope your new sim works better then!

Because when your pack runs out the balance is chewed up almost immediately. I prefer to be made clear that my pack is out and simply buy a new one when I need it. Why would you want to hold unused pesos on an account? Am I missing something?
Assuming you are with Claro, by loading 350 pesos to your balance you are getting 2Gb for 30 days and unlimited calling. You can use this 350 pesos towards payment for data package if you wish. So you do not loose anything.

When you buy a package directly you don't get these 2 promo gigabytes and unlimited minutes. Your choice is to go around with zero balance. Can you even call emergency number from your health provider?

And yeah, the internet rates without a data package are outrageous, but you can always install some kind of a traffic control app to block mobile internet after you used up your package gigabytes.

Activate Personal prepaid sim but still getting H or H+ at my current Airbnb.

Back