Got into a scuffle with three chorros at Starbucks- will they seek revenge?

What do you mean with they looked typical chorros? How did you know the three punks where Salvadorian? Did you ask for their ID?
I’m saying they were Argentinos, not El Salvadorans. Typical chorro types I just mean the type dressed in football type gear with crazy hair and tattoos, call you amigo etc. carrying around stuff to “sell.”

What interests me is how they planned to make use of the phone. Aren’t they password locked, and don’t many phones have a way to trace their location, and even ability to take snapshots from the camera if stolen if you have the right app installed? All my phones and tablets have some find my device feature.
Yes it has a password protection, screen lock and a gps tracker. I think you can hard reset an iPhone, not sure. But I’m probably not going to use gps tracker and then go into some villa for my phone!

I’m saying they were Argentinos, not El Salvadorans. Typical chorro types I just mean the type dressed in football type gear with crazy hair and tattoos, call you amigo etc. carrying around stuff to “sell.”

I get what you are saying.I hate when they call you amigo, step right in front of you while walking or do not care if you say no at all. However I bet there got to be honest people trying to do their best to sell in order to help their families. But I still think it is wrong how some of these people conduct their selling and the fact they enter into coffee shops or stores should be illegal, specially when they carry babies.

I live in Palermo near Palermo Chico. They looked typical chorros, but not particularly dangerous since they didn’t stay to fight even though they outnumbered me. They were weirdly obedient when I screamed gtfo. But I feel like if I did the same thing to three punks from some El Salvadoran gang, their honor system would require killing me or beating me up at least.

I go to this Starbucks like 2x a day, never had anything like this happen.

I didn’t call the police. The employees at Starbucks just were gathered near me and stood in there in shock. I told a friend about it, who said I could be the one in trouble for getting violent when they just tried to steal my phone.
Starbucks on Cabello or Castex? Starbucks do seem to be magnets for pickpockets/thugs because their locations are frequented by rich gringos. Why I only frequent local cafes. Among other reasons.

Robberies are unpredictable, chaotic events. I was robbed in a bad place, Villa 21. One of the assailants shoved a handgun to my abdomen. Everything happened so fast, I reacted, but not rationally. I resisted one of the thieves pulling on my fanny pack, so he punched me. I gave up the fanny pack. I then scurried to report the theft to the Prefectura. Within 40 minutes the Prefectura had nabbed two of the 3 bad guys, and recovered the nice camera I had described to them. In the little office they had the "handgun" which was actually a fake replica. I still think of what would have happened if one of the thieves actually had a real firearm and had discharged the firearm, forever rearraigning my intestinal tract. I was persistent in making the denuncia, appearing in court, and learning my 2 assailants each got 14 months in prison. The judge in the case made mention in a conversation that a person was robbed at night in Palermo, and got a fatal gunshot wound to the head.

My observations:

Foreigners are considered prime targets. They are presumed to be unable or unwilling to testify in criminal cases.
If bad people are running away from you, don't chase after them.
Your health is more valuable than the stuff on your person.
In the scant seconds of an encounter, you may not be able to manage your own reactions, let alone anticipate the actions of the thieves. Police receive training, are armed, and wear body armor, but still lose their lives in encounters.
Suerte.

I didn’t call the police...I told a friend about it, who said I could be the one in trouble for getting violent when they just tried to steal my phone.

I am 99.99999999999999999999 percent certain that is not something you have to worry about now.

I get what you are saying.I hate when they call you amigo, step right in front of you while walking or do not care if you say no at all. However I bet there got to be honest people trying to do their best to sell in order to help their families. But I still think it is wrong how some of these people conduct their selling and the fact they enter into coffee shops or stores should be illegal, specially when they carry babies.
There are honest people and prior to this have always been respectful and bought stuff when I had cash on me. But now I realize that they can just be trying to distract you to rob you.

I get there is lots of poverty but it seems like these people are always Argentinos. What is preventing them from working jobs like all the Venezuelans here? Dog walking, Rappi, waiting tables, mover, whatever.

Reactions: Moe
I didn’t call the police.The employees at Starbucks just were gathered near me and stood in there in shock. I told a friend about it, who said I could be the one in trouble for getting violent when they just tried to steal my phone.

I am 99.99999999999999999999 percent certain that is not something you have to worry about now.
PS: Unless they were minors and claimed that you inflicted physical injury, but that's something the Starbucks employees who witnessed the incident could refute.

Back