Government-proposed ban on British imports

It"s becoming clear that CK sees the acquisition of the Falklands as her defining legacy to Argentina, one which she hopes will enshrine her in the country's history forever. It's odd how wives of AR Presidents have had such an impact on modern Ar history.
Eva Peron, revered as she was, was responsible for the anti-business, entitlement mentality that still pervades AR socioeconomics. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for strong organized labor and a decent livable wage, but that pendulum swung too far with negative economic results that reverberate even today (how else to explain the viability of a thug like Moyano).
Isabelita followed with more acutely disasterous ineptitude eventually leading to the military dictatorship and all the excesses associated with it.
Now comes CK trying to overcome the economic morass precipitated by her predecessors and, failing in that, seeks to transcend an imminent future of failed social and economic policies by playing the patriot card. I can not help but be reminded of Samuel Johnson's quip that the last refuge of the scoundrel is patriotism. I pity the poor Argentines who will suffer from the misguided attempt by CK to gain a place in history.

the poor here arnt so deep , they have been copted in the '40s. They keep their place as submissive elements of the political machine. The real poor are the working bastards.
I see SO many similarities with Tammany Hall !!

Fabe said:
saw the interview more than 10 times on diff channels. Never did he speak the words" the malvinas are argentine". Somebody punch me in the face please. WTF !

just watched a repeated interview twice and he started.... "they should be Argentine", after which blah blah blah... so a typical hoodwink and misquote by the media. Shouldn't have even got into the media. Like many other artists he'll probably end up wearing an Argentine football shirt...makes me hate Bon Jovi and all that cringeworthy crap with Bono and the Madres de la Plaza de Mayo.

Eva Peron, revered as she was, was responsible for the anti-business, entitlement mentality that still pervades AR socioeconomics.

It is anti-capitalist, not anti-business. Is not the same. Business and free market do not belong to capitalism, which is simply a distribution method of the profits of a company. Peronism is capitalist, and always was, but gives a little bit more to the worker. That "thug" as you called him is a typical sindicalista, union representative. I know is difficult for some people to understand that workers and capitalists do not have the same negotiation power.

You know all the things I said, as everybody else. It is the discourse that you want to maintain.

marksoc said:
It is anti-capitalist, not anti-business. Is not the same. Business and free market do not belong to capitalism, which is simply a distribution method of the profits of a company. Peronism is capitalist, and always was, but gives a little bit more to the worker. That "thug" as you called him is a typical sindicalista, union representative. I know is difficult for some people to understand that workers and capitalists do not have the same negotiation power.

You know all the things I said, as everybody else. It is the discourse that you want to maintain.

I'm afraid I'm unable to comprehend your point about the distinction between anti-business and anti-capitalism, nor, I suspect, would Eva Peron. As popular and loved as she was by the masses, she was an uneducated gal from humble origins who regarded the wealthy and upper class as enemies and she, in turn, was despised by them. Like I said, I support organized labor, but under Eva's reign state subsidized entitlements ultimately dealt a serious blow to long term economic prosperity. She gave the organized labor pendulum a push that still manifests itself today, e.g., unions demanding not only representation on boards, but a % share of corporate profits, a let's-go-on-strike mentality that appears to preempt sensible negotiations, etc.
As for Moyano, I have never read of him uttering an intelligent word. He and his minions strike me (granted, I am a peripheral observer) as goons with no real patiotism or philosophy other than to stay in power and stoke inflation by making (and heretofore receiving) unreasonable wage demands in exchange for political favors to those in, or who seek, political office. Lately, he appears to have bitten the hand that has been feeding him.

Back