Government says it will change name of Centro Cultural Kirchner

I understand that artists from around the world want to perform in the Auditorio Nacionaljust for the fine acoustics. It has not been referred to as the "Ballena Azul" for years.

For those who are not familiar with the building, CENTRO CULTURAL KIRCHNER is carved into the facade. Three represent portions of the Blue Whale, known as the national auditorium. The last is the magnificent organ.

DSCN0702.JPGDSCN7243.JPGDSCN7244.JPGDSCN7245.JPGDSCN7247.JPG

no hay plata...
Its funny how la peluca is willing to spend money on spite and PR, but he has already fired the people who can actually do the jobs.
He doesnt believe in government cultural centers at all, much less paying to move one to nicer digs.

I believe Macri considered renaming but decided against it. It really would be better to name it after someone long dead who has a distinguished name in histiory. How about Sarmiento? He was seriously dedicated to education and raising Argentina's standards.

in the periodical El Nacional, dated November 25, 1857, Sarmiento wrote: “Will we be able to exterminate the Indians? For the savages of America, I feel an invincible repugnance that I cannot cure. Those scoundrels are not anything more than disgusting Indians that I would hang if they reappeared. Lautaro and Caupolicán are dirty Indians, because that's how they are all. Incapable of progress, their extermination is providential and useful, sublime and great. They must be exterminated without even sparing the little one, who already has the instinctive hatred for the civilized man.”

in the periodical El Nacional, dated November 25, 1857, Sarmiento wrote: “Will we be able to exterminate the Indians? For the savages of America, I feel an invincible repugnance that I cannot cure. Those scoundrels are not anything more than disgusting Indians that I would hang if they reappeared. Lautaro and Caupolicán are dirty Indians, because that's how they are all. Incapable of progress, their extermination is providential and useful, sublime and great. They must be exterminated without even sparing the little one, who already has the instinctive hatred for the civilized man.”
I thought that was Pat Buchanan.

Back