Graffiti tour

surfing said:
I would be very interested in the graffiti removal tour!

My apartment building has been tagged this week (or last). Nothing artistic. Nothing small and clean. No stencil.

Just the equivalent of someone saying "NACHO WAS HERE!!" with spray paint... on a random building. It drives me %^#@&* Nuts! :mad:

And now they are starting to crap up the subway cars... this does NOT make me happy.

Napoleon said:
My apartment building has been tagged this week (or last). Nothing artistic. Nothing small and clean. No stencil.

Just the equivalent of someone saying "NACHO WAS HERE!!" with spray paint... on a random building. It drives me %^#@&* Nuts! :mad:

And now they are starting to crap up the subway cars... this does NOT make me happy.
IMO it's the equivalent of going into someone's home and urinating on their furniture. :mad:

Napoleon said:

Our building had a big tag on it. We bought paint and painted it out. I think the other owners approved. A few nodded as they went into the building while we were working. It happened again and we painted it out again. Next, we're going to do the buildings across the street. We have to look at them and the whole thing is offensive. We're fighting back the only way we know how.

TomAtAlki said:
Our building had a big tag on it. We bought paint and painted it out. I think the other owners approved. A few nodded as they went into the building while we were working. It happened again and we painted it out again. Next, we're going to do the buildings across the street. We have to look at them and the whole thing is offensive. We're fighting back the only way we know how.

That's what you have to do. Just keep painting over it. And security cameras I guess. Not so much to show to the police, who have a station about 70 meters down the street from our building (but across an Avenue), but to know when they're out there and go out with the water hoses I guess.

I'd prefer alternative methods of getting the point across, but I'm thinking that water hose/ spray gun attachment is the one that would be the most appropriate response.

The Graffiti Mundo Tour is awesome. I took it last year. It is urban art for which permission to paint someone's property has been obtained in each instance and even commissioned and paid for by the property owner in many. This tour does not consist of any illegal tagging although you'll spot that on rubbish bins on streets WHILE you're examining the beautiful street art that the tour is describing.

Aye, there's a difference between graffiti and vandalism (tagging). A lot of property owners in Palermo, especially those near to the tracks, are choosing to get their buildings covered in murals by well-known graffiti artists in-order to discourage tagging, street courtesy is not to tag over others art.

Our consorcio has to walk round the building every morning with a paint bucket.

I have heard good reviews of the graffiti tour, not to be poo-pooed.

Back