Great Food blog/restaurant guide

rocc

Registered
Absolutely love this blog, great restaurant reviews, places to buy organic fruit, NY style bagels and so much more. Just thought it might be useful for other expats ;)

http://pickupthefork.com/

The banner photo made me so hungry.

What's for desert?

Postre?

The latter part of this link makes Buenos Aires seem more promising......Who cares wether the Parillgerra (sp) has a chorizo or not! Good food is good food! Lets all head down to Barracas and try it out! You might find it a bit more fun than the BEATEN TRACK! If you get bored you can always run to EASY! or get makeup tips (or not!) By the way, Barracas is the new Pallermo for those not in the KNOW. 25 years ago Recoletta and Pallermo were slums!

james p said:
The latter part of this link makes Buenos Aires seem more promising......Who cares wether the Parillgerra (sp) has a chorizo or not! Good food is good food! Lets all head down to Barracas and try it out! You might find it a bit more fun than the BEATEN TRACK! If you get bored you can always run to EASY! or get makeup tips (or not!) By the way, Barracas is the new Pallermo for those not in the KNOW. 25 years ago Recoletta and Pallermo were slums!

Recoleta (one "t") has never been a slum (at least not in the last 150 years) and only Palermo (one "l") Hollywood was a slum until ten or so years ago.
In any case, I agree with the spirit in your post and Barracas is one of the barrios going up.

well one of the restaurants pushed on that blog is "Artemisia" (Gorriti 5996). i was just there, with 3 other people. definitely one of the worst restaurants i have ever eaten in in buenos aires. the food was disgusting. the service revolting. (we all agreed on that.) pretentious crap, with an attitude.

so i don't know about the reliability of that blog...

mariposa said:
well one of the restaurants pushed on that blog is "Artemisia" (Gorriti 5996). i was just there, with 3 other people. definitely one of the worst restaurants i have ever eaten in in buenos aires. the food was disgusting. the service revolting. (we all agreed on that.) pretentious crap, with an attitude.

so i don't know about the reliability of that blog...

Pick up the Fork is THE BOMB. Don't be a hater. Fly away butterfly. :)

I've never had dinner at Artemisia, only breakfast and lunch maybe a half dozen times. I really liked it (FINALLY something different to eat). I wouldn't say the service is terrible, maybe on the lackadaisical side, but that would pretty much par for the course for any restaurant in BA that considers itself even slightly hip, unfortunately.

Not to hijack the thread: I think the blog is great too. It's one person's opinion about her experience and no one's forcing anyone to read it. I don't see how that can that be considered 'pushing' anything on anyone. Kinda like the majority of the threads on this forum:p

I've never had dinner at Artemisia, only breakfast and lunch maybe a half dozen times. I really liked it (FINALLY something different to eat). I wouldn't say the service is terrible, maybe on the lackadaisical side, but that would pretty much par for the course for any restaurant in BA that considers itself even slightly hip, unfortunately.

well that's what we went there for, finally something different to eat. but it was a (bad) joke.

Pick up the Fork is THE BOMB. Don't be a hater.

i'm not a hater and i usually don't respond to these things, but our experience was so miserable that i had to say something!.

i find it admirable that someone puts a food blog together but i have the feeling that this one is just a cobbled together inventory (shortcuts?) as opposed to a vetted source. like, the international food (grocery shopping) section lists jumbo (?) and doesn't know about bodega amparo???? por favor...

Back