Greek Gyros Lamb

Not hard to find here. Well.......... I've only had beef and pork here, but there is a fast food type type place called Arabian King and they do have lamb. There is one at the Abasto Mall. Arabian King

I'm sure there a much better places that other people can suggest. This is only a quick option.

I have also been searching for this. I swear I saw something near santa fe and godoy cruz or maybe it was thamas. It was down one of these streets half a block from santa fe. I was passing by one day and saw the....forgive me I don't know what its called but the rotating hunk of meat that to me signifies heaven. Other than that there are many shwarma places but it's not the gyro meat blend maybe you want. Very tasty nonetheless.

There is a new store on Rodriguez Pena, between Santa Fe and Arenales. They're Syrian and they have lamb and chicken shawarma. It's 12 pesos and it's a decent amount of meat but the meat is not great quality. It's also pretty bland, as they don't have the red hot sauce.

But their falafel and tabbouli is pretty good.

There is a great little halal place on Thames and Charcas... I believe it's called La Alhambra. They serve gyro and shawarma. It's family-run and their food is wonderful -- ingredients are fresh and everything is made from scratch. Quality Middle Eastern food is one of the things I miss most in Buenos Aires, so this is where I get my hummus and tabouli fixes.

I think that there's a place on ~Cabrera & Malabia. It's kind of like a store where you can buy stuff to take home and prepare or take home and eat, but I think around lunch time they have the meat-like substance on a spinning metal rod that is the source of all things Gyro. But I can't guarantee it.

Habibi in San Telmo is open again!! (they had a big fire a few months ago). I've had their gyro/schwarma thing.. can't remember what they called it there.. and it's very good. They have a pretty extensive menu, and their hummus is good. It's on Humberto Primo, just a block or two up from Dorrego.

starlucia said:
There is a great little halal place on Thames and Charcas... I believe it's called La Alhambra. They serve gyro and shawarma. It's family-run and their food is wonderful -- ingredients are fresh and everything is made from scratch. Quality Middle Eastern food is one of the things I miss most in Buenos Aires, so this is where I get my hummus and tabouli fixes.

I love this place so much! They recently (in the last year) added chicken shwarma to their menu, and it is just as good as everything else.

Back