Gringos In Ba Living With The Us Dollar Must All Be Happy

As for SS, they are mandated to raise it according to the rate of inflation. I have read the stats on what it would be if they did that fairly. They don't. As I stated, it was even discussed in Congress what they were going to have to do to avoid it. and they did.

Why do you say that the US inflation isn't correctly calculated? They go through a lot of trouble to keep the statistics (cpi, employment, erc) and reporting times independent of outside influence.

We are trying very hard to learn how to spruce up the inflation rate back home,the deflation is rampant for the last decade. The prices of everything in the market is going down every quarter. We envy those countries that has a moderate increase inflation,however,the Argentine rate is way too much to absorb and emulate despite. Can you imagine, the prices of Electronics,clothings,foods etc.etc going down in price every 3~4 months and other merchandises available in the market-place has not changed price in last 10 years!.So does the salaries and wages. The salaries held firm with very few inceeases. Before this new administration, the currency was very,way too strong and everything coming in from the exterior going down in prices too. The new administration has selected a new Honcho as to be the main men in the post of chief banker, the Bank of Japan, no less. Prime minister Mr. Abe, has pleadged to target and increase a very hard to attain 2% inflation ratio to be attained by year 2014~2015.. So when we look at the Argentine's high inflation rate we are envious, we scratch our heads and try to decipher, how is it done.? No pun intended..
Now, if the salary increases along with national inflation, everything is an OK I presume. What is your opinion on how to control Argentina's inflation and give the hard workers a raise in much needed wages.?

Back