Guns & daycare

Bringing in your guns with the rest of your household belongings and without paying import taxes is a one time deal. It's all explained at the Renar' s webpage.
You can bring ammo as well or your reloading equipment. Once.

You can import a couple of guns a year paying taxes. It's expensive but feasable

Hi all, thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Very much appreciated.

my husband brought a gun 3 years ago, no problem, .you just have to declare it with TSA, and then in EZE. I remember they just asked some additionak questions about amunition. I guess it's all about who is in the mood that day in Ezeiza and who is not, like with everything.
About a daycare. I take my 2year old to gymboree. She goes 3 days/week (my choice) 9-12am.But you can take your child 5 days am or pm. To enroll it cost me 700pesos and for 3 days i pay $1000/month and for 5 days i think its only 100 more. But i take her any days i choose to. Also she started in june, so they gave me 20% off for the enrolment fee. Go on the gymboree page to see if you have any close by. I'm in Nordelta area.

Why do you need a gun?
I can't understand.
Guns must be owned only by police or security forces (military and so on).
A normal country shouldn't allow people to have guns.

Tortuga said:
I've seen my neighbor firing an air rifle so I bought one yesterday. At the gun shop was a long list of restrictions for purchasing firearms but the salesman said there are no restrictions on air guns.

Can an ordinary person purchase an air pistol and carry it concealed in Argentina without getting into a heap of trouble?
If you do that, trouble will come naturally, no doubt.

BASailor said:
Why do you need a gun?
I can't understand.

I used to think like you do. I remember once, years ago, I was approached by a man in a sporting goods store who mistook me for an employee. He asked me where the ammunition was for sale. I almost blurted out, "Why, do you want to HURT something?!" but I bit my tongue. I thought NRA people were annoying.

In the past few years I have changed my mindset 180 degrees. I have gone through the emotions of fear and hatred of guns, to respect and begrudging acceptance, and now am actually missing my Glock 19's and wishing I had them with me.

If you're genuinely curious I'll be happy to explain my changed understanding of why guns are important for ordinary citizens to own.

Tortuga

xtrasback said:
Is it just me or the way you wrote that makes it sound as if bringing it would be a requirement for your residency? hah jk
I failed to mention in my previous post that the firearms were brought-in by me in my checked luggage, I have never used another method so I couldn't give you any advise on 'shipping containers', but I'd go as far as recommending you to bring them with you instead of using any kind of shipping, contrary to popular beliefs traveling with firearms is no hassle at all you just gotta spend maybe an extra 5 min during check-in waiting for the tsa guys while they 'perform a visual inspection' and then maybe another 10' once you get to Ezeiza at the renars office, as for ammo yes it is also possible to bring, although you gotta check with renar because there is a limit on the amount of rounds you can enter (I reload so I never travel with more than 200 rounds and never had a problem)
I honestly don't understand those who advise against doing things they have never done before.

Ha, no, I would like residency even without my guns but it is hard to give up what I once had.

Did you have a DNI or did you come in as a tourist when you brought your guns?

The RENAR page reads "Individuals who wish to go into the country with one or more firearms and their ammunition, with the proposal to perform hunting activity, sporting shooting or other legitimate purpose ...". I heard it's easy to bring in hunting guns but not self defense weapons like pistols, so I was surprised when I read that you brought in handguns.

Iznogud said:
Bringing in your guns with the rest of your household belongings and without paying import taxes is a one time deal. It's all explained at the Renar' s webpage.
You can bring ammo as well or your reloading equipment. Once.

Would you mind pointing me to the appropriate page? My castellano isn't yet good enough to find it.

BASailor said:
Why do you need a gun?
I can't understand.

Your opinion is duly noted.

Is your lack of understanding enough reason to declare that normalcy should be for a country to ban civilian ownership of guns? Enforcing rules based on ignorance ... mmmright!

Different opinions and attitudes towards guns should be able to coexist based on knowledge and understanding, not the opposite.

As Tortuga volunteered, we can find a way to let you understand if you are willing to give it a chance.
Please do not demonize objects, bad and stupid people are the ones responsible for bad and stupid acts. Inanimate objects shouldn't be blamed.

Tortuga said:
Would you mind pointing me to the appropriate page? My castellano isn't yet good enough to find it.

http://www.renar.gov.ar/index.php?seccion=legislacion_visualizar&m=3&ley=259&disp=si

Nota:

La Autorización de Introducción Definitiva se otorgará por el plazo perentorio que no supere de NOVENTA (90) días, contados a partir de la fecha de emisión de la autorización.
La Autorización de Introducción Definitiva emitida por el RENAR, intervenida por la Autoridad Local de Fiscalización (A.L.F.) y la Dirección General de Aduanas (DGA), será el antecedente registral necesario para la emisión de la Credencial de Tenencia, la que deberá solicitarse dentro de los TREINTA (30) días de arribado el material al país, plazo durante el cual la Autorización de Introducción Definitiva hará las veces de autorización de tenencia del material objeto de la misma. Vencido dicho término sin haberse regularizado la situación registral del material, el autorizado será pasible de las sanciones establecidas en la Ley Nacional de Armas y Explosivos N° 20.429 (decomiso, multa, etc.) y, en caso de configurarse algún delito penal, se procederá a radicar la denuncia pertinente.
Para el caso de los extranjeros o argentinos residentes en el exterior que arriben para radicarse en el país no existirá cupo sobre armas de fuego, debiendo ingresarse todo el material en una sola vez.
LAS ARMAS INTRODUCIDAS EN FORMA DEFINITIVA AL TERRITORIO NACIONAL NO PODRÁN SER TRANSFERIDAS SINO HASTA PASADOS DOS (2) AÑOS DESDE LA FECHA DE OTORGAMIENTO DE LA CREDENCIAL DE TENENCIA

Back