Gym!!

jennyeg

Registered
Hola!
Does anyone know about a place to work out near San Telmo where you do not need to see a doctor in advance? I am staying only for four weeks and I would love to find a gym!
:)

Hi Jenny, there is a decent place called Arcobaleno in the 400 block of San Juan (between Bolivar and Defensa). 80 pesos/month, no doctor required. I don't know about these other three:

CARPE DIEM
Chacabuco 733 - San Telmo - Capital Federal

EL GALPÓN
Bolivar 1650 - San Telmo - Capital Federal

CITY GYM: http://www.citygymsantelmo.com.ar/home.html

Hi!

Thank you so much! I will check that one out!
Have a nice weekend!
Saludos :)

Also there is a gym in Peru, about 450, between Av.Belgrano and Venezuela, opposite a Toyota showroom which does not require a doctors check

When I joined a gym I told them that I was in the process of going to the doctor, and that I would turn in the results as soon as I got them. That seemed to be enough for them because they never brought it up again. Lying, it's worth a try!

A)Whats with the doctor visit requirement?
B) Anybody have an opinion on Gym's in Palermo, for short term?

barnaby33 said:
A)Whats with the doctor visit requirement?
B) Anybody have an opinion on Gym's in Palermo, for short term?

Barnaby, gyms here "require" that you take a physical before you can use the gym. Some enforce this more than others. I went to a gym for three months without ever taking a physical, but my new one was more strict about it and made me get one right away.

I would recommend Always Club on Paraguay 4443 (between Borges and Gurruchaga). The equipment is old, but very decent, and there are lots of classes if you're interested in those. It's more affordable than Megatlon, and much less evil as well (from what I've read on this website). Always Club has a doctor on site so you don't need to go elsewhere for the physical. They charged me 25 pesos for it...I think this is standard, but you never know haha!

Just went to Alfa which is 3025 Ste Fe. Its small and kinda grimey but has enough equipment to at least work out. Its 130 pesos a month.

The upside is its the only one that seems walking distance close to me.

Whats the monthly fee at Always? Save my lazy ass a walk over there. Just for grins here is a shot of my home gym!

barnaby33 said:
Just went to Alfa which is 3025 Ste Fe. Its small and kinda grimey but has enough equipment to at least work out. Its 130 pesos a month.

The upside is its the only one that seems walking distance close to me.

Whats the monthly fee at Always? Save my lazy ass a walk over there. Just for grins here is a shot of my home gym!

Here's the link for Always: http://alwaysclub.com.ar/

At Always, I paid 900 pesos for 6 months. The monthly price is definitely more expensive, but I'm not sure what it is.

I went to Alfa for 3 months. I would strongly suggest testing out a few pieces of their equipment before signing up there. The bench press is really bad (if you use that) and most other machines are uncomfortable to use. But it's cheap and you will likely be able to get away without doing the physical!

Back