Had bad experience with temporary rental in PAlermo

Merlinova

One has to be careful on these matters BARTS have got caught in the crossfire here and putting the link to their site on your rant associates them with your bad experience.

You were angry and understandably so, but BARTS are out there trying to make a living and provide a service and then you go and add their link to your post.

If you were in the States now you might find yourself being sued for 150 billion million dollars.

Maybe you can answer some of Rogers questions to help him understand how the owner is renting without him for a lower price....it's the least you can do.

Rich

Hi Rich,

I Insist I NEVER mentioned BARTS, I don't know anything about them I was just contacted by the owner. If the owner is using BARTS' link to promote their own place I have nothing to do with that.

I suppose everything would have been different if having worked with BARTS. I am not trying to disqualify BARTS. I just copy paste the link the owner gave me.

You are making a big deal where's nothing to be worried about. I'll say it one more time: BARTS had nothing to do with my experience renting the temporary apartment I mentioned in my first post. I have never gotten into business with them, nor I was approach by them regarding this or any rental. I was just approached by the owner. What are they using to promote their place? That's not my business. I just wanted to complain about how the OWNER disrespect me, and were totally impolite and rude when checking out.

Happens pretty often, but as someone said above they ususally keep your whole deposit on some flimsy pretext. I have been here over 4 years, and the rental game has really changed. 4 years ago, no one rented over the internet. They came to town and stayed in a hotel or hostel for a few nights and spent their days looking for apartments--testing the bed, checking for noise and light etc. Much less trusting than the people who come today.
I can only guess that as legit rentals on the web became more numerous, it created a great opportunity for scam artists to make a buck from too-trusting tourists?

Merlinova said:
Hi Rich,

I Insist I NEVER mentioned BARTS, I don't know anything about them I was just contacted by the owner. If the owner is using BARTS' link to promote their own place I have nothing to do with that.

I suppose everything would have been different if having worked with BARTS. I am not trying to disqualify BARTS. I just copy paste the link the owner gave me.

You are making a big deal where's nothing to be worried about. I'll say it one more time: BARTS had nothing to do with my experience renting the temporary apartment I mentioned in my first post. I have never gotten into business with them, nor I was approach by them regarding this or any rental. I was just approached by the owner. What are they using to promote their place? That's not my business. I just wanted to complain about how the OWNER disrespect me, and were totally impolite and rude when checking out.

Thanks Merlinova for clarify.
The owner was advertising the rental on craigslist using our website and photos for reference. The owner was playing a game which was offering the rental for a significant less amount, while, she was offering the apartment for USD 500 we were allowed to offer the same apartment for USD 700 + commission. I have deleted the listing from BARTS so we are no longer offering the apartment. Photos are copyrighted so if you see any photo that is copyrighted a good idea it's to get to its original source and check why the "free lunch" is.
As stated on our pricing policy:
If you find any apartment listed in a competitor website for lower rates in a monthly basis (remember BARTS is the Leader) we can either offer you the same rates plus USD 100 bonus Rebate, and / or unlist the apartment from BARTS.

Roger

Merlinova said:
Hi there,

Just wanted to share what I went through today when I did the check out from my temporary rent, here in Palermo.

I rented the place from the owner for three months. I posted on craigslist that I needed a place in Palermo and the owner approached me offering a place for $500. I ok the place and just ask her to include internet. She agreed. When I finally met her, the place was very dirty, the apartment was all carpeted and the carpet was all stained and ugly. Since I had already reserved the place and the location was very convenient for me I took it, and I warned the lady that I was going to take the place with the condition that if I found a more convenient I was going to resign the contract, again, she agreed.

I stayed for two months, I cleaned all the place, I even had the carpet steam washed. Ten days before having to pay the third month I found a better place, I notified the owners the very same day. They reluctantly agreed. When we finally met to do the check out they were totally rude. They totally disrespected me, they checked everything in a very in-polite way, even though the place looked hundred times cleaner than they gave to me. She even charged me for the door knob because according to her I damaged it. I explained it hadn't been my fault, that it was installation. The also tried to blame me for a heater that had the wire cut, and had to tell them that it was so old and badly repaired that I could have been killed over a fire caused by the damaged wired. It was the more stressful and disrespectful situation I have ever been through. I had to give them 300 pesos for them to stop the inquisition.

If you are going to rent a place in Palermo through craigslist contact me, I would not want anyone else to go through that awful situation.

These situations are not unusual at all. The very first time I rented an apartment in Buenos Aires the front door to the apartment was broken and the lock did not work. How is that for safety? Anyway, I just want you to know that what happened to you is not specific to craigslist or any other agency. One has to be very careful. I always suggest to people that they try to see the apartment in person before renting. Then, you know the exact location and the real condition of the apartment. I was also charged for broken dishes that we never used. Our group had gone out and purchased paper plates at Disco so as not to wash dishes. Yet, I had to pay just to get out of there. The people can be very rude and disrespectful but one could really say that about any place.

Back