Hairdresser that speaks English?

if i bring my own redken colour do the salons stock 30 vol or should i bring that too?

Iam still planning to go back to Terrie Orr as soon as my son recovers from an operation believe me people she is excellent hairdresser and talented gal I have triplets and I do a 1 hour ride to see her!! she is a member of baexpats (baehairdresser is her nickname)
Reina

No user name found for baehairdresser when I tried to send a PM. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find her?

Hey Everyone --

Terrie is back in Buenos Aires. She trimmed me up yesterday -- very happy with the cut! She also has a friendly, fun personality. :) Her e-mail: terrie.orr (AT) googlemail.com

austgirl said:
if i bring my own redken colour do the salons stock 30 vol or should i bring that too?
There are salons here that are redken exclusive, and most have oxigenta up to 12%

bradlyhale said:
Hey Everyone --

Terrie is back in Buenos Aires. She trimmed me up yesterday -- very happy with the cut! She also has a friendly, fun personality. :) Her e-mail: terrie.orr (AT) googlemail.com

Where is Terrie located? What are her prices? Thanks!

I have a great hairdresser (that also does FABULOUS extensions)... I cannot recommend Miguel Romano highly enough. His salon is incredible (if not a tad bit over the top-- if you go you will see what I mean ;)).

I found out about him through the concierge at the Palacio Duhau when my husband and I first arrived in Bs. As. and have gone back several times since.

His daughter, Paola speaks great English as does Miguel's wife and both are very willing to translate. I was unaware when I first went to the salon as per the recommendation of the concierge, but apparently Miguel is a celebrity in his own right as I later found out he is the hairdresser to Susana Giminez ( she is sort of like the Oprah +++ of Argentina.) I get stopped by Portenos all the time asking where I do my hair and when I tell them Miguel Romano they all seem to know who he is!

Osby does great blow dries and Miguel and Leah do fantastic extensions (with exceptional quality hair). Everyone there is absolutely lovely and very accommodating, I highly recommend their services. For those of you that are familiar with NYC salons, I would liken it John Barrett @ Bergdorf etc.

http://www.miguelromano.net/

BAwithkids said:
Where is Terrie located? What are her prices? Thanks!

Terrie is located in Belgrano (near Congreso on LINE D). She charged me $40 pesos for a cut. :)

bradlyhale said:
Terrie is located in Belgrano (near Congreso on LINE D). She charged me $40 pesos for a cut. :)

Thanks! That's just what I needed to know.

See I wouldn't have thought that being the hairdresser for Susana Gimenez would be a positive. Upon hearing that I'd have run the other way and quick! Have you ever seen a more tragic head of hair? Unless of course you're into the Barbie doll blonde plastic hair look... To each his own :)

Back