Hairdresser that speaks English?

I just had highlights done by Ryan -- he is obviously an experienced stylist/colourist who knows hair very well. After going through the whole orange highlights thing here in BA, I know I will only go back to Ryan. And, he is as much fun as he is good at what he does. I would highly recommend him.

Terrie (from Ireland) is fantastic, she's been cutting my hair for the last 7 month's. Plus she's not crazy expensive like some others.

Thanks guys, great advice recommending Ryan. I saw him last week, he was great! Very friendly, funny and really cares about what you want to do with your hair. And soon (within the month?) he'll be opening his own salon.

After reading all the great reviews here for Ryan I booked full hair highlights and a cut. I stress my hair was in a total state - I had spent the last year in the sun and had done two home dye jobs. An afternon with Ryan and my hair looks the best it has, not only this year, but it even rivals my hairdresser at home.

Great hairdresser, recommend for all - while I was there he also cut a guys hair and when I was leaving a girl who's a regular clinet came in with lovely hair, very different to mine, which shows he can turn his hand to all styles.

Lucky people who have Ryan as their regular colourist!!

Go to Ryan! I had a hair disaster in Mendoza a while back at a posh salon with bad hairdressers & needed a horrible bleach blonde colour fixing urgently but was worried about going back to a salon whilst in BA. After googling, I found the email address for Ryan & dropped him a line to see if he was free. I emailed a month in advance, and thank god I did, Ryan's phone did NOT stop ringing while I was at his apartment and it was a constant stream of clients coming in. It was hectic as it was before Christmas and Ryan is quite the big character but once I relaxed, it was all pretty entertaining & met some nice people. I also got the most fantastic service from Ryan. He is a total colour expert! I have modelled for Toni & Guy in the UK and have been at the hands of many a great hairdresser and Ryan really knows what he is doing. He turned a horrible cheap blonde into a beautiful natural beach blonde - A miracle as far as I was concerned! It is very hard to fix a bad colour, as Ryan would tell you. He put a 120 foils in my hair (I know because I had to take a picture it was so many!) and took so much care to do fine highlights for a natural finish. He also did a brilliant, easy maintanance cut. He really knows his stuff, he understands hair unlike most hairdressers in SA. I'd say just make sure you book atleast a couple of weeks in advance and leave plenty of time (I was there for 4 hours!) as if people turn up late before you, you have to wait your turn. Don't make a dinner date like me! It was about $320 for all of it. Amazing value for a correction as well. I left his place with a BIG smile on my face, I wish there was a Ryan in the UK!
(His place is in Recoleta, nice neighbourhood).

I have been having Ryan cut my hair for years and I don't remember ever posting about how good he is. He is the best by far of anyone I have ever seen. By far. And a heck of a nice guy to boot. Save yourself any trouble and go see Ryan.

Sorry for not posting this experience earlier. I did go to Cerini and again my experince was horrible. The girl who was assigned to color my hair did not speak one word of english. They found one girl there who did and with her we discussed how I want to have similar color as my previous one. One color + highlights. And I told them very clearly that I do NOT want to be really blond. Just natural golden brown color like was still visible in endings of my hair. Well, result was so blond that I have not been that since I was 5 years old, but this was more yellow. I was horrified. So, they tried to darken it a bit and then put there the highlights but still the result was way too blond. And a color that did not fit my skin at all.
The guy who was cutting my hair spoke pretty good english, so with him it was not about language at least. But he obviously did not listen to me at all since result was totally different than what I wanted. I even showed him a photo of me when I had the hair style I'm looking for but maybe he was blind.

unbelievable these people, I wonder where they get the training or do they at all.

Now it is again time to have hair cut next week. I try to book with Claudia or Ryan, lets see if on of them have time. I so hope to find someone who thinks what suits me, not to his current mood.

I don´t know if it is only a question of language. To me it happened a lot of times that I order something in spanish and I was shure that there was no way to missunderstand. In english it was the same. An what I got was the opposite of what I had odered. I always had the feeling that it was inentionally, but it is hard to prove. I must say that this happended to me mostly in cases when it was not so much important e.g. in restaurants and stores, but this story sounds for me like that. And I can see faces become a stone when I go to a service or store and tell them exactly what I want and how I want it. Maybe people here are different, so they may interpret this as arrogance. I made my best experiences when I told the hairdresser to cut my hair just a bit and nothing else, so I let her just do (I have long hair). But, of course in case of short hair this is a different thing, but maybe you should go to a hairdresser and ask what they can suggest you. Give them the feeling that you trust in them and don´t tell them too much what they have to do. This is my experience in Argentina and for me it is also hard to do it like that, but it changes a lot!

I recommend Claudia. She's from Switzerland and speaks english, french, german and spanish ! She's a great hair dresser and very nice person. She has her own salon in San Thelmo.

Her telephone number : 4361 9070

Can anybody tell me the name and maybe adress of the salon of Claudia in San Telmo? (the one of Switzerland)
Would be great! Thank you!!

Once again: Maybe someone can tell me the name of the salon of Claudia in San Telmo ??????
Thanks!

iStar said:
Terrie (from Ireland) is fantastic, she's been cutting my hair for the last 7 month's. Plus she's not crazy expensive like some others.

Hi
I agree Terrie is indeed very good hairdresser I have been going to her and she gave my hair a great style I absolutely recommend her, she is professional.

Back