Halloween In Buenos Aires!?

Kaleenaautumn

Registered
I know Halloween is really a United States event, but my (Argentine) boyfriend told me that it's becoming more and more recognized here, mostly for the children to dress up.

I also noticed Octubre de Terror on television (yay!).

I love the spirit of Halloween. Does anybody else miss it here? Do you know of any similar events in town this month?

My son missed Halloween like crazy in BA, but then again our Argentine friends thought we were the crazy ones for opening our front door to groups of people wearing masks :)
The only thing we found was some Halloween stuff going on at Dot Baires mall...some dress up, games, etc, although Argentine Halloween candy is so sad...bring on the Junior Mints please!!

And making sure when knocking on doors for the trick or treat, one must shout beforehand-No shooting-please!

Bottom line: Halloween just plain sucks here. As was posted above there are a few, random events that may or may not happen. It's not an Argie thing. Try finding any kind of make-up, prosthesis', or anything beyond the basic plastic mask that now comes in a whopping 4 varieties.

There are costume shops but most of the costumes look home-made and thought up by a 5-year old.

I always thought a killer idea would be to start a serious haunted house here in the Capital for the two weeks before Halloween. I thinks someone would probably clean up on that business.

What really sucks is that some Argentines (some dear friends of mine even, *sigh*) love to use Halloween as an excuse to complain about cultural imperialism and homogenization. They don't LIKE Halloween, they don't WANT Halloween and they don't want our stupid American holidays getting in their way of having no fun. That's the real bummer for me.

What really sucks is that some Argentines (some dear friends of mine even, *sigh*) love to use Halloween as an excuse to complain about cultural imperialism and homogenization. They don't LIKE Halloween, they don't WANT Halloween and they don't want our stupid American holidays getting in their way of having no fun.

And then along comes Xmas, and they're all over it...

Bottom line: Halloween just plain sucks here. As was posted above there are a few, random events that may or may not happen. It's not an Argie thing. Try finding any kind of make-up, prosthesis', or anything beyond the basic plastic mask that now comes in a whopping 4 varieties.

There are costume shops but most of the costumes look home-made and thought up by a 5-year old.

I always thought a killer idea would be to start a serious haunted house here in the Capital for the two weeks before Halloween. I thinks someone would probably clean up on that business.
It's called ROSADA......[trick or treat] want some Botox little boy?

Back