Happy Holidays....!

I repent Rich, and shall no longer wage war on Christmas.

Merry Christmaschrist everyone!

Ed... Merry ChrisMousse from La Mousse Bakery in LA . Windmill Torte...! :wub: (Only US$39)....not bad

http://www.lamoussed...&products_id=55

Specialty_Cakes_Windmill_Cut_14.jpg

It will always be Vital Tony to me as Pau will surely vouch.
Having said that, the fearsome mother in law makes a truly historic VT, which no doubt I'll be gorging on tomorrow night before I pass out with the noise of 20 Argentines all shouting at each other simultaneously.
I'm actually trembling as I type this...

Having said that, the fearsome mother in law makes a truly historic VT, which no doubt I'll be gorging on tomorrow night before I pass out with the noise of 20 Argentines all shouting at each other simultaneously.
So there'll be exactly 20 Argentines there?

My brother-in-law from the US coined the term "Argentine Moment." That's when your 20 Argentines (or any number from 3 to 30) have spent 20-30 minutes arguing at full volume and energetic arm waving over where we'll go to eat. Miraculously, the group suddenly comes to agreement: we'll all go to X restaurant!!!

"Okay everyone, we're going to dinner! Get your coats and we'll head for the cars/taxis/whatever!"

At that instant, everyone disappears. One or two actually get through the door, while everyone else heads for the baño, bedroom, kitchen, ... wherever five more minutes can be wasted before we actually leave.

That's what my Argentines do. What about yours?

It will always be Vital Tony to me as Pau will surely vouch.
I'm actually trembling as I type this...
LOL Ever heard the term 'drinking in self defense'? this can, will and must be applied around this time of the year :p keep digging that tunel but drink up at the same time just in case you get captured

LOL Ever heard the term 'drinking in self defense'? this can, will and must be applied around this time of the year :p keep digging that tunel but drink up at the same time just in case you get captured
That's why they call me The Cooler King mate.
I remember last year, I'd just come back from the UK with an historic haul in four suitcases, which I managed to blag through EZE, hood winking the awfully officious customs bloke.
I took a lovely bottle of Faustino Reserva Rioja to the xmas eve dinner and there was one particular bloke who I'd never met before and offered him a beer, a picada and a glass of Malbec, to which he declined. To be honest, he was a miserable bugger.
However, when he spotted the Rioja, he commandeered it, seemed to come alive like the undead and proceeded to guzzle away like his life depended on it.
He was soon corrected and I glowered at him the rest of the night, figuratively.

Turned out to be 18 of us and there was Vital Tony in abundance!
Other stuff on the menu included two roast chickens (us), palmito and pineapple salad (us), eggs stuffed with tuna, numerous other salads, empanadas etc.
The odd thing was that when we turned up at 2145, I felt I'd arrived at an AA meeting; people sitting around with blank exp<b></b>ressions (women having commandeered the kitchen of course), so just as well I came prepared with a few huge bottles of Stella. When I asked the father in law if he wanted a drink (by then 2200), I was told that we had to wait till the last guests arrived. Erm, I don't thin so and no sooner had I opened the bottle, they were handing round the glasses like crazy. The last guests turned up 45 mins later having got lost.
The Christmas present ceremony lasted one and a half hours, felt like an Oscar presentation and was the main event finishing at around 0200. Santa brought me a couple weights to stop people kicking sand in my face on the beach.

Back