Happy Pre-Columbus Day, everyone - and a question

Tomorrow's Columbus Day is being celebrated today because public holidays are supposed to be good for the economy. But are they? Do we have the evidence?

In the UK the most recent instances of additional public holidays were the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II and the coronation of King Charles III and each event resulted in a measurable drop in economic performance. Why is it different in Argentina and if it isn't different, why do they still pedal the myth?
Didn't they change it to "cultural diversity" day here as a way of avoiding the nasty business of the ethnic cleansing that follweded his discovery of a land already...unfortunately for them, populated?

Maybe another selective history lesson from one of our esteemed googleers?

Last edited:
it takes a peculiar type of personality to dig down and find fault with people celebrating a holiday .... most enjoy the break ... with so much to readily enjoy, they instead try to put an economic spin on EVERYTHING .... economics are understood by very few, but everyone has a thesis ... holidays, fortunately, can be a source of immediate pleasure and some relief ... I think the negative view of holidays for the mass majority of workers is probably the same mind set that slave owners had .... Quality of life is a significant consideration.

Last edited:
Can a fixed income migrant retiree become the leading authority on economic theory GENUINE RESEARCH?
I don't see why not.🤣

As long as one makes appropriate donation when using Argentine public health system ,,, subsidized by your Argentine wife's Anses income ,,,, you definitely qualify.

Perhaps a (currently) "fixed income migrant retiree" who has a university degree in economics which was followed by several decades of actual business experience, especially as a business owner or a CEO, can.
Me mataste v😂

Last edited:
Back