Happy Pre-Columbus Day, everyone - and a question

Colombia i believe has the most federal paid holidays at 29. does not seem to effect their economy. just saying

Colombia i believe has the most federal paid holidays at 29. does not seem to effect their economy. just saying

I wouldn't like to see anybody losing paid statutory holidays in Argentina or anywhere else and because I think they are good for individuals I think countries like the UK ought to have more. The original question is asking whether there is any evidence of an economic boost to Argentina from public holidays.

Previous Argentine governments announced new and/or temporary holidays - especially 4-day weekends and the like - with a lot of hand-wavey stuff and words to the effect of go out and enjoy yourselves because it boosts the economy. I'd be interested to learn to what extent this is true.

Perhaps it was already mentioned above. The government established XL and XXL weekends in Argentina are a tacit agreement with the Ministry Tourism to develop the business of the major tourists destinations like Mendoza, Bariloche, Iguazu, etc. Those destinations depend on these long weekends to survive.

Days off are an effective form of compensation in lieu of salary increases directly impacting cash flow. Akin to ancient Rome's bread and circuses approach to assuaging the general public.

Increase the incoming tourism to Argentina.?

That's a 10 MM question, considering the exponential Increase of the cost of living in Argentina.
The bulk of the tourists visiting Argentina are first BRAZIL followed by Uruguay and then Chile. Tourists from Uruguay tend to visit for weekends, or less, and spend Little , Chile is now a prime destination for Argentinians, with a negative balance.
Brazil is meant to be a favored destination for Argentinians at lower cost than internal travels.

To promote the incoming tourism from US and Europe, is tough competition due to the high cost of flights and local costs. Must compete with Caribbean and Mediterranean, resorts....!!
Choose Portugal or Argentina? (From US or EU).

From the link above
Google Translator
"At the same time, “it must also be taken into account that the appreciation of the exchange rate will further affect the upcoming summer season in the coming months, with a drop in domestic tourism (those who will have better conditions to access international trips) and incoming tourism”, they keep travelling.

Back