Hard To Find/expensive Products From The States

saltbench

Registered
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what foods/ food products/ spices/ devices, etc are hard to find or drastically more expensive here. Hopefully someone is visiting me soon so i am trying to make a list of things i should ask for. So far i have-- Garlic salt, mustard powder, maple syrup, chipotles, guajillo chillis, Harina P.A.N, good pepper grinder, dill.

I know i am definitely missing things. So i was wondering what people here miss the most/ can't find often who have been here longer so i can plan accordingly.

Thanks guys!

Pretzels, reesespiecess,m&m peanut candy good dark chocolate,canned soups, barbecue sauces and lots of ethnic sauces...and really miss the Greek yoghurt things with fruit and nut stir ins.....

A few of your Items can be found in barrio chino. I would ask for tin foil. Lol. It sucks here.

I would also say peanut butter as in barrio chino it is hit or miss.

It depends on where you're from and what you like to eat, everyone has their own lists :) I have people bring Maple Syrup, my favorite hot sauces, almond paste, cranberries (can or dried) marshmallows, my favorite candies. Packed in and with lots of extra ziplock bags.

Pretzels, reesespiecess,m&m peanut candy good dark chocolate,canned soups, barbecue sauces and lots of ethnic sauces...and really miss the Greek yoghurt things with fruit and nut stir ins.....

I recently read an article about why we "miss" these products:

The food America is served is biologically addictive. Because of this, willpower is that much more difficult to control.

The food industry deliberately creates addictive products (nearly 600,000) and lies about the science behind it.

The food environment is toxic and the food industry pretends to be part of the solution while actually making us sicker and fatter.

Government and “independent” professional organizations like the American Nutrition and Dietetic Association (AND) are corrupted by food industry money.

Obesity and chronic disease (diabetes, heart disease, cancer) are contagious, and we need a public health campaign, policy changes, and community-based solutions to cure them. -

See more at: http://www.chopra.com/ccl/its-not-your-fault-youre-fat

Good saran wrap, your favorite knife.
Most of the food products on your list are available, but it does take a long time to figure out where.
N

Good saran wrap, your favorite knife.
Most of the food products on your list are available, but it does take a long time to figure out where.
N
I'm very happy with this Saran wrap I buy at coto. As good as anything from the states.

2015-03-04%2019.50.15.jpg

Back