Hard To Find/expensive Products From The States

There is great hummous here- On or near Scalabrini y Costa Rica there are at least 5 choices of different places that make it.
My favorite these days is the little hole in the wall on Charcas, half a block south of Scalabrini.

Liquid french vanilla (or other flavored) creamer for coffee, anyone?

If not, anyone know where I can find the syrup to make it myself? :)

Yorkshire tea bags
Bovril
Oxo cubes
Marmite
Good curry powder
Mint sauce
Heinz baked beans
Any brand of chocolate that isn't made here....Coffler anyone?
Sage and onion stuffing
Christmas pudding
Jaffa cakes
Tea bags and more tea bags....

Yorkshire tea bags
Bovril
Oxo cubes
Marmite
Good curry powder
Mint sauce
Heinz baked beans
Sage and onion stuffing
Christmas pudding
Jaffa cakes

Most of those things are not eaten in the States, and are almost as hard to find in the USA as in Argentina.
Yes, we have tea bags- we have chamomille, and ginger, and spice, and green tea, and raspberry zinger and echinacea.

But Oxo?
Bovril?
Marmite?

those sound like veterinary medicines for cattle, to me.

no christmas pudding, or jaffa cakes (isnt Jaffa in Israel?)
Baked beans here are punishment, usually at huge family buffets, the only thing left after all the good stuff has been eaten.

I think you are thinking about another continent, across a very big ocean.
You know, a country famous for bad cooking...

Most of those things are not eaten in the States, and are almost as hard to find in the USA as in Argentina.
Yes, we have tea bags- we have chamomille, and ginger, and spice, and green tea, and raspberry zinger and echinacea.

But Oxo?
Bovril?
Marmite?

Baked beans here are punishment, usually at huge family buffets, the only thing left after all the good stuff has been eaten.

Actually, most of the above British products, meaning those that are commercially packaged and not prepared at home, are available in many large US cities, most often at supermarkets and specialty stores that carry imported food items. Over the years, I've seen the majority of these items in various stores in Boston, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Jaffa cakes, which in the US would be labeled as cookies, are terrific, and the Jaffa name refers to the type of orange that was used when this biscuit was originally produced.

But Oxo?
Bovril?
Marmite?

Please be assured that from a country that produces spray cheese the UK no longer assumes the mantle of worst cooking

Yorkshire tea bags
Bovril
Oxo cubes
Marmite
Good curry powder
Mint sauce
Heinz baked beans
Sage and onion stuffing
Christmas pudding
Jaffa cakes

Bovril is great.... by the spoonful

Campbell`s Mushroom Soup...?

Back