Hard To Find/expensive Products From The States

Most of those things are not eaten in the States, and are almost as hard to find in the USA as in Argentina.
Yes, we have tea bags- we have chamomille, and ginger, and spice, and green tea, and raspberry zinger and echinacea.

But Oxo?
Bovril?
Marmite?

those sound like veterinary medicines for cattle, to me.

no christmas pudding, or jaffa cakes (isnt Jaffa in Israel?)
Baked beans here are punishment, usually at huge family buffets, the only thing left after all the good stuff has been eaten.

I think you are thinking about another continent, across a very big ocean.
You know, a country famous for bad cooking...

Oops, I forgot the title says from the States.

HP Brown Sauce

Might be made in Holland now but its still great!

I was in a Disco just off Av Santa Fe the other day and spotted A1 Steak Sauce on a shelf. I know it's not going to be as good as HP but was wondering if one uses it in the same way as HP or is it just for cooking?

I wish I could get an Argentine product, ODEX, that seems to have gone out of business. CIF just doesn't do the job when you need something more abrasive. I can do without pretzels, peanut butter and some of the other junk from the USA.

IMO Dam Mani peanut butter is wonderful. You can buy it at New Garden stores and Tina in Chinatown.

I was in a Disco just off Av Santa Fe the other day and spotted A1 Steak Sauce on a shelf. I know it's not going to be as good as HP but was wondering if one uses it in the same way as HP or is it just for cooking?

A1 sauce is a table condiment like HP sauce, although both sauces are occasionally used in cooking to add extra flavor to particular recipes.

Maple syrup is available, I saw it several times last month.
Nancy

Back