Harvard Student Studing In Ba Looking For Work

that could be sold in BA for about five times the thrift shop price,

Where?

Hybrid will sit on the streets of Avenida Santa Fe in Capital along with the West African refugees and the Bolivians?

To sell his RL T shirts!!

1129111826_290b78e931_z.jpg

A Shopper story buying in thrift shops.

My friend Katie and I have lots of things in common, including our love of thrift stores.
When we were in high school, we often drove to a shady part of town to get our fix of all things thrifty. My love for thrift stores run so deep, in fact, that when I was on vacation in Atlanta for my birthday recently, I went thrift shopping. My husband is definitely not into this pastime, so I left him at the hotel and enjoyed several incredible hours browsing through racks and racks of somebody else’s old stuff. It really is the little things, y’all.
You never know what you’ll find during your treasure hunt, but here are 10 things you should always be on the lookout for at a thrift store. (See also: To Buy or Not to Buy? Criteria for Thrift-Store Clothes Shopping)

Where?

Hybrid will sit on the streets of Avenida Santa Fe in Capital along with the West African refugees and the Bolivians?

Ceviche, do you wanting to give me a hand to stay on the watch when I have to go take a leak or dump? I can pay you handsomely
from the T-Shirts selling proceed ! Hurrah to steveinbsas, he gave me a hint for money making venture there, He,he,heee!

Hi, my son is a student at Harvard doing his semester abroad in Buenos Aires currently. He needs to earn some money and was thinking that he could tutor English or correct English papers, however he is new to BA and doesn't know where or how to advertise his services.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Jennifer

@Jennifer, I will be going to Harvard for grad school in the fall and I've been working in language education in Buenos Aires for the past 8 years. PM and I'll send you my email address, I will be happy to advise your son in finding a teaching job in the city.

Ceviche, do you wanting to give me a hand to stay on the watch when I have to go take a leak or dump? I can pay you handsomely
from the T-Shirts selling proceed ! Hurrah to steveinbsas, he gave me a hint for money making venture there, He,he,heee!

Steve in BA will be happy to partner you while you go for a leak.

Afterall, the proceeds will be 5 times the cost price!

Where?

You guys are funny, but unless you get focused you'll probably get mugged trying to sell the wrong product in the wrong place.

This is where to sell Ralph Lauren dress (not t) shirts in BA for at least five times the thrift shop price (and without having to deal with street people who aren't in the market for them in the first place):

http://articulo.merc...ga-largausa-_JM

camisa-l-polo-ralph-lauren-usada-impecable-manga-largausa-3713-MLA4859458873_082013-O.jpg

camisa-l-polo-ralph-lauren-usada-impecable-manga-largausa-3758-MLA4859459705_082013-O.jpg

It's been a few years since I shopped in the thrift shops of San Francisco, but if the price of shirts like this one (the first photo was published upside down) is still well under $10 USD (at Goodwill and/or Salvation Army), the 5X profit margin is possible.

Other clothing items have the possibility of generating higher profits. It was at the Salvation Army Red Shield Store on Valencia that I bought a $2000 dollar cashmere sport coat (by Zena) for $5.00. It was NEW but had a minor rip at the end of one sleeve (which I had to have shortened anyway).

You guys are funny, but unless you get focused you'll probably get mugged trying to sell the wrong product in the wrong place.

This is where to sell Ralph Lauren dress (not t) shirts in BA for at least five times the thrift shop price (and without having to deal with street people who aren't in the market for them in the first place):

http://articulo.merc...ga-largausa-_JM

camisa-l-polo-ralph-lauren-usada-impecable-manga-largausa-3713-MLA4859458873_082013-O.jpg

camisa-l-polo-ralph-lauren-usada-impecable-manga-largausa-3758-MLA4859459705_082013-O.jpg

It's been a few years since I shopped in the thrift shops of San Francisco, but if the price of shirts like this one (the first photo was published upside down) is still well under $10 USD (at Goodwill and/or Salvation Army), the 5X profit margin is possible.

Other clothing items have the possibility of generating higher profits. It was at the Salvation Army Red Shield Store on Valencia that I bought a $2000 dollar cashmere sport coat (by Zena) for $5.00. It was NEW but had a minor rip at the end of one sleeve (which I had to have shortened anyway).
I was just talking to one of my Arab friends about this used brand clothing business there in Bs As. One of them said, forget the filthy used Ropas, instead have the Chinos fabricate brand new ones for Argie business can have them cheaper than buying in thrift shops !

I was just talking to one of my Arab friends about this used brand clothing business there in Bs As. One of them said, forget the filthy used Ropas, instead have the Chinos fabricate brand new ones for Argie business can have them cheaper than buying in thrift shops!

Schlepping used clothes to sell in Argentina would be a crummy way to make money.

My comment about bringing a suitcase full of new Harvard t-shirts to sell instead of tutoring English was meant to make the point that tutoring English to individual students in BA would be even less lucrative...and a lot more work.

PS: I realize that not every Harvard student comes from a wealthy family and I'm not being critical of a college student who is trying to earn "extra" income from part time work. When I was in college I wanted extra income so much that I started my own business in 1970 (a small sandal shop) with $500 dollars I had saved working as a paperboy.

My mom was actually unhappy with me for doing so, especially when I cashed in a US Saving Bond which had not yet matured.

Her attitude changed by the time I graduated in 1973, had been a finalist for the University's highest "distinction" as a scholar, owned one of the nicest leather shops in the Midwest, and had bought property on Main Street in Park City, Utah.

And, as a result, I never applied for a job in my life.

Schlepping used clothes to sell in Argentina would be a crummy way to make money.

Yep, used clothing business, leave them to Bolivianos and Peruanos there. But you mentioning Polo brand caught my attention.
OP, try to land that English tutoring job cause you are native speaker...Others don't cut it, including this Viejo !

Yep, used clothing business, leave them to Bolivianos and Peruanos there. But you mentioning Polo brand caught my attention.
OP, try to land that English tutoring job cause you are native speaker...Others don't cut it, including this Viejo !

Good advice from someone who can barely write English and has never been to Argentina. :)

Maybe you should hire him to correct your posts!

Back