Has anybody brought a boat to Argentina?

The man I bought my house from has a 22' Sea Ray (power boat) in pristine condition that he may be selling soon.

If you are interested please let me know and I'll get the details.

Aduana gave me a hassle for 2 kayaks. Even as a returning argentine , the rule is " Prohibido entrar embarcaciones" under any circumstances. At least this was the rule in 2008

steveinbsas said:
The man I bought my house from has a 22' Sea Ray (power boat) in pristine condition that he may be selling soon.

If you are interested please let me know and I'll get the details.

Thanks Steve. I'm looking for a family sized vessel, 50 feet, for vacations to Uruguay and Brazil so if you hear of something please let me know.

Trevor,
the only boat you can import is new. Secondhand boats are a no go. If you bring your boat the rule is that you can enter for 6 months and you can get another 6 months extension if you arrive by boat. If you are thinking of buying here this is a website that combines the major brokers.

http://www.brokersnauticos.com/front/index.jsp

I'd be very careful... I remember another poster said he had his motorbike confiscated (or else the fine was larger than the value) because he went over the allotted time of the permit.

I was told a couple of years ago (so it may have changed ) its a hassle bring a boat to arg, but was told that you can either put the boat in uruguay for so many months a year, and then in arg for so many months - or you just have to cross to uruguay every so many months - but there was a way around the rule !!!

hello
does anyone know about possibility of liveaboard in marinas here
thanks

davonz said:
I was told a couple of years ago (so it may have changed ) its a hassle bring a boat to arg, but was told that you can either put the boat in uruguay for so many months a year, and then in arg for so many months - or you just have to cross to uruguay every so many months - but there was a way around the rule !!!

What was the loophole?

TrevorCito said:
What was the loophole?

Take the boat to another country (Uruguay, e.g.) and leave it there for 6 months per year...and repeat the process year after year.

Back