Has anyone come across any weird Argentine laws?

I think my favorite one is when you die your property goes to your family, even if you have a will and want to give your property to someone else.

I thought that one of the issues with this official list is that it includes generally Spanish but not indiginous names and thus is quite discriminatory ... but I have no source for this I just remember having been told it at some point ... sorry.
Indigenous names were always allowed, some of them are very popular like Nahuel.

Anyway about weird norms and laws, there is this article of a few years ago, but its in spanish.
http://www.clarin.com/suplementos/zona/1999/02/14/i-01001e.htm

Also, foreigners may find weird the use of lab coats by public school children. This was set in the early XX century to hide social diferences between students. Is pretty anachronic today that people wear almost the same kind of cloths.

The ban on the sale of alcohol before elections, I'm not sure if narcos also shut their doors (one of the candidates could no doubt inform us). I say let the alcoholics vote in their natural state like the crackheads.

If I recall correctly, places in the US have bans on sale of alcohol on election day. The night before part was different for me. Trying to get everyone's head cleared out...

lwfh said:
Re: laws ... surely the doctors and swimming pools one is worth mentioning

Do tell!

criswkh said:
I think my favorite one is when you die your property goes to your family, even if you have a will and want to give your property to someone else.

Are we looking for uniquely Argentine laws? This one is not unique to Argentina.

fedecc said:
Also, foreigners may find weird the use of lab coats by public school children. This was set in the early XX century to hide social diferences between students. Is pretty anachronic today that people wear almost the same kind of cloths.

Is this a law? Lab coats are worn in schools in other countries but I don't think it's a law.

I do find it odd that they would make a law stating you much show ID when you pay with a credit card. Shouldn't this be company policy? Was it necessary to make a law?

The right on red being allowed is pretty unique to the US - I always thought it was one of those weird laws in North America :) - JAJAJAJA

Is this a law? Lab coats are worn in schools in other countries but I don't think it's a law.

Yes its a law, a provincial law. Kids dont wear the lab coats for fashion purposes.

What about the blood tests you need to get at a public hospital before getting married?

Back