Has anyone come across any weird Argentine laws?

fedecc said:
Yes its a law, a provincial law. Kids dont wear the lab coats for fashion purposes.

Yes, clearly they don't wear then for fashion purposes. Like I said kids also wear lab coats to school in other countries. This is not unique to Argentina. It probably is unique that they bothered to make a law about it.

pericles said:
good point and you cannot give more than 20percent of your assets to a non family member in Argentina.

This is the same in Switzerland. The law prescribes who gets what at what %. And you can not give more than a certain % to non family members. (I think it's 10% but i could be slightly more).

syngirl said:
THaving to choose your child's name from an official list is not as rare as you think -- many European (especially Scandanavian countries if I remember correctly) also have the same process. Hopefully it slows down those parents that attempt to be ridiculously unique with names, or just try to give their child a silly spelling in an effort to set them apart (which only results in them having to correct everyone for the rest of their life).

This used to be the case in Belgium too. Originally all the names were deducted from saints or biblical names. Later there were other names included in that list. The list also put the different accepted spellings. You couldn't even spell the name in the way you wanted.
Now we can name our kids whatever we want, and we see a whole wave of strange weird names. Poor kids...

I believe it is a referral to public swimming pools and gyms that require regular check-ups (inspections really) by their staff doctor before you're even allowed to think of dipping a toe in their pool.

Back