Has anyone ever ordered on AliExpress to be delivered here in BA?

rob0001

Registered
Just wondering what happens in customs for an order less than $40 USD...

My first experience with picking up a package at the international post office was over 20 years ago and it was a disaster, it took almost 3 hours to get my package which was just a box of cookies my mom sent me for XMas. I told her NEVER to send me anything ever again. I recently ordered something delivered from amazon and I have to say the process is much MUCH simpler! You still have to pay a large tax, but everything is on the internet now, you create a login, pay the tax online and then get an appointment to pick up your package. I was in and out of the international post office in less than 20 minutes. So you still have to pay a large tax, but if you're desperate to get something, at least it's easy to get your packages now.

epago.correoargentino.com.ar

How much should I pay in taxes if I exceed the allowed amount?

The new regime provides that taxes should not be paid as long as 12 purchases are made annually, worth US$50 each. If this quota is exceeded, the buyer must pay 50% of the cost of the product in taxes. If it is the first purchase, you can deduct those US$50 dollars from the excess, and then pay 50% tax on the rest of the value. For example: if a product is purchased for US$550, taxes of US$250 must be paid. This discount will not be applied to subsequent purchases.

epago.correoargentino.com.ar

How much should I pay in taxes if I exceed the allowed amount?

The new regime provides that taxes should not be paid as long as 12 purchases are made annually, worth US$50 each. If this quota is exceeded, the buyer must pay 50% of the cost of the product in taxes. If it is the first purchase, you can deduct those US$50 dollars from the excess, and then pay 50% tax on the rest of the value. For example: if a product is purchased for US$550, taxes of US$250 must be paid. This discount will not be applied to subsequent purchases.
Do you know if the 12 purchases are once a month or at anytime?

I don't know for sure, but an Argentine friend said it's a yearly amount of $600 USA.

Back