Has anyone here delivered something with Grabr?

pixer12

Registered
Thinking of doing this for my next trip to/from the US and wondering if others can share their experiences. Seems a little weird that I would have to buy the item myself and eventually have Grabr.io reimburse me, but if you've done it and it has worked out fine, let me know!

Thinking of doing this for my next trip to/from the US and wondering if others can share their experiences. Seems a little weird that I would have to buy the item myself and eventually have Grabr reimburse me, but if you've done it and it has worked out fine, let me know!
You’re planning to mule stuff in? When would your next trip be?

Thinking of doing this for my next trip to/from the US and wondering if others can share their experiences. Seems a little weird that I would have to buy the item myself and eventually have Grabr reimburse me, but if you've done it and it has worked out fine, let me know!
The Grabr system works. I just received an item...and have 2 more on the way. If you think it is weird....then don't do it. The purchase and delivery protocol works flawlessly. Private relationships happen.....but are very rare. For things impossible to find here...including on Mercadolibre....it is a lifesaver.

Yes, a few times and always without issues.
What was the process like for getting paid, both the reimbursement of the money you fronted for the product as well as the reward for delivery?

One concern for bringing items is the custom official asking you to declare that item and pay the tax at the airport. I understand that to be 50% of item value over a certain amount. I think over $300. So if bringing, for example, a MacBook valued at $3000 usd, aduana will ask you to pay approximately (2700 / 2 = $1350). I’ve traveled here many times, usually with two 50lb bags of my various used items of past USA life, and a few new things, and never was questioned. This past February, customs asked, and I said I had used things, and then they opened my bags and searched. They took out many items, and asked about values of many things. Finally gave me the form, and I estimated $350 or so of new items. The official doubted, and asked again. Then brought me to a different walk thru scanner, and also spent a lot of times looking at the original scanned video of my bags. Finally told me to pack my things and go without paying anything.

Of course argentina chaos is a broken link

Back