Has Anyone Lived In Puerto Madero

Theories of life on Puerto Madero have always fascinated me but up until now we have very little to show - wild speculation, some grainy footage, but mainly wild speculation.

Whilst I think it is theoretically possible for Puerto Madero to support organic lifeforms of some sort, for the moment we would have to admit that we have no evidence and thus conclude that the possibility of life existing there is very remote.

From my field trip down there I can only say that people seemed to be running around in tight clothing. They were either looking for a way out or had been driven mad by the lack of a decent fuggazetta.

The palermo and recoleta may be a bubble in ways to but I don't find anything unique in PM that says buenos aires that I can't find in miami or paanama city and so on. There are no unique places to eat in puerto madero in my opinion and not really any cool and interesting stores. These are some of th few things that makes it different to me Like id rather go to a small cafe verse starbucks or havana or freddo which are your options there I feel. However different things work for different people I would recumbent too by the german embassy aka in Las Canitas

Puerto Madero resident here.

It can be pretty desolate and it does not feel like you are in BA at all, but rather in some sort of fantasy bubble for rich Argentines that want to live outside Argentina, but don't want to leave Argentina. Grocery options are very limited, with only one super market. Also, public transportation is lacking. You also get first hand experience on how loud Ferraris and Lamborghinis can be, as the rich race them up and down Juana Manso late at night during the weekends.

On the plus side it is quieter than the rest of BA, much cleaner and safer. Little or no blackouts, which is a huge plus during the summer. Also great parks, a reserva ecologica right there and walking distance to San Telmo.

It is not for everyone. if you are looking for a true Argentine experience, Puerto Madero is hard to recommend. But if you are here because you have to, and really hate to put up with all the BS that day to day life in Argentina requires, living there might make life here slightly more tolerable
we hardly get any blackouts around my house,lots of embassies and consulates here

Her mind is Tiffany twisted
She got the Mercedes-Bens
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
That she calls friends.

Definitely off-the-grid.

Personally, I wouldn't care to live in Puerto Madero, because of its isolation from the rest of the city. For the person who commented that Palermo and Recoleta are also isolated, that's misleading - Palermo, for instance, is the city's largest barrio and has some real down-in-the-mouth sections.

While much of Puerto Madero may not be to my taste, compare it to what it was when the milicos had boarded it off from the rest of the city - even though only the one-tenth of one percent may get to live there, its parks are open to all, and people come from all around the city to enjoy them.

Ps. The wildlife reserve doesn't let you in with a dog, even on a leash. Just a note to anyone looking to go down for a wander with the hound in tow. Found out the hard way and spent a few hours amongst the sculpted denizens of PM one saturday morning.

Her mind is Tiffany twisted
She got the Mercedes-Bens
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
That she calls friends.

Definitely off-the-grid.
And....................oh yeah. The lines on the mirror.

Ps. The wildlife reserve doesn't let you in with a dog, even on a leash. Just a note to anyone looking to go down for a wander with the hound in tow. Found out the hard way and spent a few hours amongst the sculpted denizens of PM one saturday morning.

In fairness, there are plenty of other parks in the city that couldn't care less if your canine is on or off leash.

"walking distance to San Telmo" -- a big plus ?
"looks like Soma in San Francisco" -- No, looks like any neighborhood in China, that's why the Chinese engineers from Huawei and train companies like to stay there.

Back