Have to pay Taxes on Social Security income?

There are international tax treaties regarding SS income. Argentina is one of the countries that has signed on to those treaties. You are not obligated to to pay taxes. However, if I were you I would not ask any government employee to look into your individual situation, because rules here often have multiple interpretations on various days from various people.
The US Embassy in BA has an on staff SS adviser. Ask her.

citygirl said:
Nikad - jubilacion is taxed here?:confused: I asked a couple of my local friends and they had never heard of anyone paying taxes on their jubilacion.

Anyway, certainly no expert, but I will ask my accountant and hopefully will have some information on Monday.

As ridiculous as it sounds, yes. Basically it is the same amounts as salaries on income tax ( I have a relative who is getting a pension and being taxed, she earns over 10k monthly )

Yes -- as I said earlier, I had to show proof of the pension and the exact amount I receive each month to migraciones in order to get the pensionado residency. So in effect the income has already been declared to the government.

fred mertz said:
How would the Argentine government know about your getting U.S. Social Security or about any source of your income? Are your payments deposited into an Argentina bank account?

Back