Having a camera sent to me in Buenos Aires

lucha54 said:
Hi buddha thanks for your response. I will have it sent via USPS directly to my apartment in the city. I'll have my mom write fake (but not improbable) values on the customs declaration, i.e. $2 deoderants, $10 sweater, whatever. If I have to pay half of that, then it's worth it!! Hopefully it will go smoothly...we'll see.

bradlyhale said:
You do know that they x-ray this stuff, right? So, if the deodorant or the sweater aren't in the box, you might have some 'splainin to do...

Yes, it will better to tell mom to put the deodorant and the sweater in the box too ... at least he will smell nice and wouldn't have to suffer the cold :) ....forget about the camera.

The only chance you have is USPS Express Mail International mail via the post office in the US.
FedEx, UPS and any other air shipper will have you trapped in hell at EZE and you will not get the camera or you will pay duties, plus customs agent negotiators plus fees plus storeage and the cost will be 4X the value.
Keep in mind that any way you ship is risky and the odds are about 80% against you.

lucha54 said:
Hi buddha thanks for your response. I will have it sent via USPS directly to my apartment in the city. I'll have my mom write fake (but not improbable) values on the customs declaration, i.e. $2 deoderants, $10 sweater, whatever. If I have to pay half of that, then it's worth it!! Hopefully it will go smoothly...we'll see.

And they'll never believe a sweater cost $10, like someone else above said they can and will make up their own original price. I had my mom send me two tshirts I got on sale for $10 each and I ended up paying nearly $50 to get that package NEVER AGAIN.

Look at http://www.themulepool.com/, perhaps you can find someone there who will bring it.

Its 32 C and they are sending you a sweater?

Ok , the deodarants are fine then .....

Back